Holy Family School
- Holy Family School is a parish school rich in the tradition of Catholic education and committed to academic excellence.
- Our mission is to foster and to support the development of Catholic faith and identity while nurturing the whole child.
- In partnership with family, educators, and the whole parish community, we strive to promote the spiritual, intellectual, and social development of our students.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||391 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 7 / Feb. 16|
|Admissions Director||Sheryl Citta|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Football, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Chess Club, Altar Server, Boy Scouts, California Junior Scholarship Federation (CJSF), Eucharistic Ministers, Girl Scouts, Homework Club, Lego Robotics, Liturgical Choir, Ministry of Movement, Monthly Community Outreach, National Junior Honor Society (NJHS), Newspaper Club, Schmahl Hands-on Science Labs, Spanish K-4, Student Council|
- SCHOOLWIDE LEARNING EXPECTATIONS RESULTS When our students graduate from Holy Family they will have grown stronger in their spiritual, academic, and personal lives. As persons of faith our students will:
- Discover the love of God through loving one another.
- Foster Christian values – compassion, tolerance, justice, and a respect for the dignity of life.
- Participate actively in their faith development through sacraments, liturgical celebrations, and a variety of prayer styles.
- Demonstrate a personal faith relationship with God by living the Gospel values and teachings of Jesus Christ through justice based service and prayer.
- Have a basic knowledge of the teachings of the Church and the ability to make good moral and ethical decisions based on their Catholic faith. As lifelong learners our students will:
- Explore and develop their own unique gifts, talents and interests.
- Recognize the importance of a healthy lifestyle, and the negative effect of drug and alcohol use.
- Read for enjoyment and knowledge.
- Have the ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Articulate ideas clearly and creatively, and communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking skills.
- Use technology to obtain, evaluate, and communicate information.
- Be prepared for the next level of education through critical thinking and problem solving skills. As responsible citizens our students will:
- Accept responsibility and consequences for their actions.
- Exhibit the social skills and moral values needed for responsible citizenship.
- Appreciate and respect the cultural diversity of our global community.
- Exhibit good sportsmanship.
- Grow in awareness and responsibility towards others and their community
- Develop strong character traits to strengthen self-esteem and build skills to meet life's challenges.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: PK-12 | 230 students
5828 Santa Teresa Blvd
San Jose, CA 95123
(408)578-4800 2.1 PK-12
- San Jose Grades: K-8 | 627 students
2278 Booksin Ave
San Jose, CA 95125
(408)723-3598 2.6 K-8
- San Jose Grades: PK-4 | 92 students
3703 Silver Creek Rd
San Jose, CA 95121
(408)238-2500 4.2 PK-4
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.