The Harker School Upper School
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 1,975 students
- Yearly Tuition: $56,650
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 10
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Gr. K-8 uniforms; Gr. 9-12 dress guidelines
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Ace Club, Art Club – Clay Art, Badminton Club, Blackford Technology Club, Chess Club, Clean Technology Club, Club Japan, Comic Book Club, Debate club, Drama Club, eCybermission, Future Problem Solvers, Junior Classical League, Math Club, Science Research Club, Service Club, Spirit Club, Tech Theater Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Acting, Ceramics, Dance, Drawing, Graphic arts, Instrumental music, Musical theater, Technical theater, Vocal music
- Since 2006, the first year it began entering these competitions, Harker has had 70 Intel Science Talent Search semi-finalists,10 finalists and two winners. (Harker's first upper school graduating class was in 2002.)
- Each year over 50% of students are recognized annually by the College Board in the National Merit Scholarship Program.
- In 2007 Harker students represented the U.S. at the J8 Summit (a parallel youth event to the G8 Summit) in Germany.
- In the K-Gr. 8 program, 90% of the students participate in the comprehensive after-school program, which is included in tuition.
- Upper school students participate in CCS sports teams and dozens of clubs and social activities.
- The K-12 performing arts department has put on well over 200 performances in the past 10 years, and the elite upper school Harker Conservatory traveled to Edinburgh by invitation to perform at the 2007, 2011 and 2015 Fringe Festivals.
- In 2016, boys varsity golf took third in CCS and played in the state championships, Girls volleyball teams took second in state in 2007, and made CCS playoffs in 2013, the CCS semifinals in 2014 and 2015.
- In May 2015, the Harker upper school debate team was recognized by the Tournament of Champions (TOC) as a School of Excellence by the National Speech & Debate Association, as the team with the most success in all TOC events. In June 2015, the middle school team set a record by winning the Overall School of Excellence Award for the fourth time. This award, given by the National Speech & Debate Association, is presented to the top three teams in the country. It is the highest honor a middle school program can achieve.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Harker School Upper School cost?
The Harker School Upper School's tuition is approximately $56,650 for private students.
Does The Harker School Upper School offer a summer program?
Yes, The Harker School Upper School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does The Harker School Upper School offer?
The Harker School Upper School offers 15 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Water Polo. The Harker School Upper School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in California for most sports offered.
What is The Harker School Upper School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for The Harker School Upper School?
The application deadline for The Harker School Upper School is Jan. 10.
Endorse The Harker School Upper School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards