Challenger School - Strawberry Park
Tel: (408) 213-0083
- Celebrating over 50 years of learning and fun, Challenger School is an independent private school that focuses on academic excellence, individual achievement, strong logic and thinking skills, and self-reliance.
- National spelling bee: One Bay Area speller still standing - 05/31/2018 - Sahas Goli, 12, Santa Clara; Challenger School Strawberry Park, 6th grade / typhlology, representative
- Los Gatos students win coveted Broadcom prizes - 11/03/2017 - Pujita attends the Challenger School`s Strawberry Park campus in San Jose. She originally developed her project, "A Green Low-Cost Absorbent for the Removal of Dye from Aqueous Solutions" as a ...moreseventh-grader and submitted it to the Synopsys Science & Technology Championship. Her win there garnered an invitation to compete for the Broadcom award. hide
- Science Whiz Kids Among 2017 Broadcom MASTERS Finalists - 09/28/2017 - Tangirala, a seventh grader from San Jose, Calif.-based Challenger School-Strawberry Park, was selected as a finalist for her project, "A Green, Low-Cost Adsorbent for the Removal of Dye from Aqueous ...moreSolutions." hide
- Broadcom National Finalists Listed; Five From Bay Area - 09/25/2017 - The finalists, and their grade levels when they submitted their science projects last school year, include Pujita Tangirala, a seventh-grader at Challenger School-Strawberry Park in San Jose.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our curriculum focuses on the foundations of knowledge: language arts, math, and logic. Early mastery of these basics prepares students for advanced studies and learning at an accelerated pace.
- Breathtaking Results - Our uniquely structured classes yield astonishing results in young students. Challenger students achieve scores on average in the 90th percentile on the national Stanford Achievement Test (SAT). This means that our average student outperforms nine out of ten students who take that test. Challenger School offers preschool through eighth grade programs that prepare children to live happily and successfully for their whole lives.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: PK-K | 200 students
5200 Dent Ave
San Jose, CA 95118
(408) 264-7333 5.6 PK-K
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?