Challenger School - Sunnyvale
- Celebrating over 50 years of learning and fun, Challenger School is an independent private school that focuses on academic excellence, individual achievement, strong logic and thinking skills, and self-reliance.
- Challenger School - Sunnyvale Student Wins National Essay Contest - 08/14/2019 - The rising sixth-grader at Challenger School in Sunnyvale wrote about the 19th Amendment, evaluating the different perspectives of women`s suffrage from the point of view of someone in 1919.
- Eight-year-old Sunnyvale native swims Alcatraz - 07/16/2014 - The Challenger School student jumped into the water shortly after 7 a.m. to start the swim with her coaches. Her father and head coach stayed close in a kayak along ...moreside them, and mom waited on shore with more family members cheering both girls on. hide
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our curriculum focuses on the foundations of knowledge: language arts, math, and logic. Early mastery of these basics prepares students for advanced studies and learning at an accelerated pace.
- Breathtaking Results - Our uniquely structured classes yield astonishing results in young students. Challenger students achieve scores on average in the 90th percentile on the national Stanford Achievement Test (SAT). This means that our average student outperforms nine out of ten students who take that test. Challenger School offers preschool through eighth grade programs that prepare children to live happily and successfully for their whole lives.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sunnyvale Grades: PK-5 | 373 students
820 W Mc Kinley Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
(408)737-1500 1.5 PK-5
- Menlo Park Grades: PK-8
1211 Arbor Rd
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(650)322-2312 10.3 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.