Challenger School - Sunnyvale
Celebrating over 50 years of learning and fun, Challenger School is an independent private school that focuses on academic excellence, individual achievement, strong logic and thinking skills, and self-reliance.
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Challenger School - Sunnyvale Student Wins National Essay Contest - 08/14/2019The rising sixth-grader at Challenger School in Sunnyvale wrote about the 19th Amendment, evaluating the different perspectives of women`s suffrage from the point of view of someone in 1919.
- Eight-year-old Sunnyvale native swims Alcatraz - 07/16/2014The Challenger School student jumped into the water shortly after 7 a.m. to start the swim with her coaches. Her father and head coach stayed close in a kayak along side them, and mom waited on shore with more family members cheering both girls on.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
- Our curriculum focuses on the foundations of knowledge: language arts, math, and logic. Early mastery of these basics prepares students for advanced studies and learning at an accelerated pace.
- Breathtaking Results - Our uniquely structured classes yield astonishing results in young students. Challenger students achieve scores on average in the 90th percentile on the national Stanford Achievement Test (SAT). This means that our average student outperforms nine out of ten students who take that test. Challenger School offers preschool through eighth grade programs that prepare children to live happily and successfully for their whole lives.
Profile last updated:
Endorse Challenger School - Sunnyvale. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.