Helios New School
Tel: (408) 475-1024
Helios School's mission is to provide an engaging and imaginative education that serves the unique intellectual, social and emotional needs of gifted students and their families.
The school is known for its Ability-grouped Math classes, Expeditionary Learning Model of Integrated Project-based learning, Mandarin and Spanish World Language programs, Mindfulness and SEL focus.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||145 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 18 / Feb. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,300|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid available. K-4: $29,300 5-8: $30,800|
|Admissions Director||Susan Stanat|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||and Music, Art, Chess, Robotics|
- Private, progressive secular school based on a constructivist model of education
- K - 8 curriculum designed specifically for gifted students
- Second language program for Chinese and Spanish.
- Rigorous academic curriculum in project-based, collaborative environment
- Multi-dimensional learning, including social and emotional development
- Low student-to-teacher ratio of 10:1
- Full school day 8:15 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
- Aftercare available until 6:00 p.m.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burlingame Grades: PK-12 | 889 students
6565 Skyline Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010
(650) 350-4528 23.7 PK-12
- Menlo Park Grades: PK-8
1211 Arbor Rd
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(650) 322-2312 10.6 PK-8
- Palo Alto Grades: NS-8 | 236 students
4000 Terman Drive
Palo Alto, CA 94306
(650) 813-9131 6.1 NS-8
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.