The King's Academy
Tel: (408) 481-9900
The King's Academy is a Christ-centered, college prep school for grades 6-12.
TKA inspires academic excellence, servant leadership, and enduring relationships.
Our 1:1 technology program and collaborative classroom environment ensures students are responsible digital and global citizens with 21st century literacy skills.
Through TKA`s Spiritual Life program and Service Trips, students grow in their faith and make a difference to others.
TKA offers a stellar Visual and Performing Arts program known throughout the Bay Area and fields 51 competitive athletic teams.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||938 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP US Government & Politics, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP French Language & Culture, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP US History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||656|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Guidelines are enforced)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,550|
|Tuition Notes||Junior high and high school rates differ. Discounts for additional child. More info at: www.tka.org/tuition|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Michele Duncan|
|Admissions Associate||Grace Marandino|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Missions Trips in US and Abroad|
Club or Organization:
Student Council and Class Leadership, Variety of Clubs and Service Organizations
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drill Team, Junior High and High School Drama, Knights Brigade Marching Band, Knightshine Show Choir, Mixed Choir, Orchestra, Winter Percussion
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- 1. Attend an Open House: Our Open Houses are held in October and December each fall (check website for details at www.tka.org)
- 2. Join a Campus Tour: Scheduled tours are every Tuesday and Friday at 8:30 a.m. Special tours for those considering our 6th grade program are also held on Fridays at 1:30 p.m. However, we are happy to accomodate your schedule if neither of these days will work for you. Please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 481-9900 x4222.
- 3. Encourage Your Student to Shadow: Shadow Days are every Tuesday and Friday at 8:05 a.m. Your student will be assigned to a student host who has been specifically selected and trained for this important role. Visiting students will shadow in the grade for which they are applying. The assigned host will be the same gender as your student. To arrange for your child to shadow, please contact email@example.com, or call (408) 481-9900 x4222.
- 4. Submit an Application: Priority applications are due January 1. Regular applications are due February 28.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: NS-12 | 2048 students
500 Saratoga Ave
San Jose, CA 95129
(408) 249-2510 5.2 NS-12
- San Jose Grades: 9-12 | 1651 students
960 W Hedding St
San Jose, CA 95126
(408) 294-9224 5.9 9-12
- Mountain View Grades: 9-12 | 1760 students
1885 Miramonte Ave
Mountain View, CA 94040
(650) 968-1213 4.3 9-12
- Portola Valley Grades: 6-12 | 375 students
302 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA 94028
(650) 851-8223 11 6-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.