The King's Academy
- The King's Academy is a Christ-centered, college prep school for grades 6-12.
- TKA inspires academic excellence, servant leadership, and enduring relationships.
- Our 1:1 technology program and collaborative classroom environment ensures students are responsible digital and global citizens with 21st century literacy skills.
- Through TKA`s Spiritual Life program and Service Trips, students grow in their faith and make a difference to others.
- TKA offers a stellar Visual and Performing Arts program known throughout the Bay Area and fields 65 competitive teams.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||950 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||79 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP US Government & Politics, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP French Language & Culture, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP US History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||650|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Guidelines are enforced)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 5 / Feb. 28 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,500|
|Tuition Notes||Junior high and high school rates differ. Discounts for 2nd and 3rd child. More info at: www.tka.org/tuition|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michele Duncan|
|Admissions Associate||Michele Duncan|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Drill Team, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Water Polo, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Diving, Drill Team,
Flag Football, Football,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Athletics, Choir, Drill Team, Junior High and High School Drama, Knights Brigade Marching Band, Knightshine Show Choir, Missions Trips in US and Abroad, Mixed Choir, Orchestra, Student Council and Class Leadership, Variety of Clubs and Service Organizations, Winter Percussion|
- 1. Visit Our Campus: Attend an Open House (check website for dates in October and December each year.) In 2018, Open Houses will be held on Saturdays, October 20 and December 1: Program begins at 11:00 a.m.in the TKA Theatre. For a complete overview of The King's Academy, plan to join us from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Lunch will be served. The program begins in the Theatre with student performances and testimonials by parents, students and teachers. This is followed by a campus tour for grades 7-12 or a special classroom rotation program for families considering 6th grade. Finally, all groups meet in the gym for lunch and a chance to browse our department tables.
- 2. Join a Campus Tour: Scheduled tours are every Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30 a.m. Special tours for those considering our 6th grade program are also held on Thursdays at 1:30 p.m. However, we are happy to accomodate your schedule if neither of these days will work for you. Please contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com or call (408) 481-9900 x4248.
- 3. Encourage Your Student to Shadow: Shadow Days are every Tuesday and Thursdays at 8:05 a.m. Your student will be assigned to a student host who has been specifically selected and trained for this important role. Visiting students will shadow in the grade for which they are applying. The assigned host will be the same gender as your student. To arrange for your child to shadow, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (408) 481-9900 x4248.
- 4. Submit an Application: Priority applications are due January 5, 2018. Regular applications are due February 28, 2018
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: PK-12 | 2030 students
500 Saratoga Ave
San Jose, CA 95129
(408)249-2510 5.2 PK-12
- San Jose Grades: 9-12 | 1657 students
960 W Hedding St
San Jose, CA 95126
(408)294-9224 5.9 9-12
- Portola Valley Grades: 6-12 | 375 students
302 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA 94028
(650)851-8223 11 6-12
- Atherton Grades: 6-12 | 799 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Atherton, CA 94027
(650)330-2000 10.8 6-12
- Los Altos Grades: 7-12 | 297 students
26800 Fremont Rd
Los Altos, CA 94022
(650)209-3010 7.1 7-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.