The King's Academy
- The King's Academy is a Christ-centered, college prep school for grades 6-12.
- TKA inspires academic excellence, servant leadership, and enduring relationships.
- Our 1:1 technology program and collaborative classroom environment ensures students are responsible digital and global citizens with 21st century literacy skills.
- Through TKA`s Spiritual Life program and Service Trips, students grow in their faith and make a difference to others.
- TKA offers a stellar Visual and Performing Arts program known throughout the Bay Area and fields 65 competitive teams.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||938 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||79 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP US Government & Politics, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP French Language & Culture, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP US History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||650|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Guidelines are enforced)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 3 / Feb. 28 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,400|
|Tuition Notes||Junior high and high school rates differ. Discounts for 2nd and 3rd child. More info at: www.tka.org/tuition|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Michele Duncan|
|Admissions Associate||Michele Duncan|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Athletics, Choir, Drill Team, Junior High and High School Drama, Knights Brigade Marching Band, Knightshine Show Choir, Missions Trips in US and Abroad, Mixed Choir, Orchestra, Student Council and Class Leadership, Variety of Clubs and Service Organizations, Winter Percussion|
- 1. Visit Our Campus: Attend an Open House (check website for dates in October and December each year.) In 2019, Open Houses will be held on Saturdays, October 19 and December 7: Program begins at 11:00 a.m.in the TKA Theatre. For a complete overview of The King's Academy, plan to join us from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Lunch will be served. The program begins in the Theatre with student performances and testimonials by parents, students and teachers. This is followed by a campus tour for grades 7-12 or a special classroom rotation program for families considering 6th grade. Finally, all groups meet in the gym for lunch and a chance to browse our department tables.
- 2. Join a Campus Tour: Scheduled tours are every Tuesday and Friday at 8:30 a.m. Special tours for those considering our 6th grade program are also held on Fridays at 1:30 p.m. However, we are happy to accomodate your schedule if neither of these days will work for you. Please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 481-9900 x4248.
- 3. Encourage Your Student to Shadow: Shadow Days are every Tuesday and Friday at 8:05 a.m. Your student will be assigned to a student host who has been specifically selected and trained for this important role. Visiting students will shadow in the grade for which they are applying. The assigned host will be the same gender as your student. To arrange for your child to shadow, please contact email@example.com, or call (408) 481-9900 x4248.
- 4. Submit an Application: Priority applications are due January 3, 2020. Regular applications are due February 28, 2020
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: PK-12 | 2030 students
500 Saratoga Ave
San Jose, CA 95129
(408)249-2510 5.2 PK-12
- San Jose Grades: 9-12 | 1651 students
960 W Hedding St
San Jose, CA 95126
(408)294-9224 5.9 9-12
- Portola Valley Grades: 6-12 | 375 students
302 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA 94028
(650)851-8223 11 6-12
- Atherton Grades: 6-12 | 799 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Atherton, CA 94027
(650)330-2000 10.8 6-12
- Los Altos Grades: K-12 | 577 students
26800 Fremont Rd
Los Altos, CA 94022
(650)209-3010 7.1 K-12
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.