The King's Academy
- Many schools educate, few change lives. At The King`s Academy, students graduate with a sense of belonging and a sense of purpose. TKA offers a Christ-centered college preparatory curriculum for grades 6-12.
- At TKA, students know they matter. They thrive in our save, wholesome environment. With a low teacher-student ratio, your student will receive loving, individual attention from teachers.
- With excellent academic preparation, 99% of graduates attend college or university.
- TKA`s Spiritual Life program and service trips around the globe prepare students to make a difference to others. We offer a stellar visual & performing arts program known throughout the Bay Area and competitive athletics, fielding 57 teams yearly.
- We offer a loving, family environment where students are encouraged to grow in their relationships with Jesus, their family, teachers, and others.
- We are committed to developing God`s best for each student spiritually, academically, morally and socially through every program and activity.
- The most important part of the school's name is the apostrophe. The King's Academy exists to honor and glorify our King, Jesus Christ. The King's Academy has a non-discriminatory racial policy and admits students of all races to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities made available to all regularly enrolled students.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||950 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||77 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP US Government & Politics, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP French Language & Culture, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP US History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1400|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Guidelines are enforced)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 5 / Feb. 28 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,500|
|Tuition Notes||Junior high and high school rates differ. Discounts for 2nd and 3rd child. More info at: www.tka.org/tuition|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michele Duncan|
|Admissions Associate||Michele Duncan|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Drill Team, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Water Polo, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Diving, Drill Team,
Flag Football, Football,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Athletics, Choir, Drill Team, Junior High and High School Drama, Knights Brigade Marching Band, Knightshine Show Choir, Missions Trips in US and Abroad, Mixed Choir, Orchestra, Student Council and Class Leadership, Variety of Clubs and Service Organizations, Winter Percussion Athletics, Choir, Drill Team, Mixed Choir, Orchestra, Junior High and High School Drama,|
Knights Brigade Marching Band,
Knightshine Show Choir,
Missions Trips in US and Abroad,
Student Council and Class Leadership,
Variety of Clubs and Service Organizations,
- 1. Visit Our Campus: Attend an Open House (check website for dates in October and December each year.) In 2017 Open Houses will be held on Saturdays, October 21 and December 2: Program begins at 11:00 a.m.in the TKA Theatre. For a complete overview of The King's Academy, plan to join us from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Lunch will be served. The program begins in the Theatre with student performances and testimonials by parents, students and teachers. This is followed by a campus tour for grades 7-12 or a special classroom rotation program for families considering 6th grade. Finally, all groups meet in the gym for lunch and a chance to browse our department tables.
- 2. Join a Campus Tour: Scheduled tours are every Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30 a.m. However, we are happy to accomodate your schedule if neither of these days will work for you. Please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 481-9900 x4248.
- 3. Encourage Your Student to Shadow: Shadow Days are every Tuesday and Friday at 8:10 a.m. Your student will be assigned to a student host who has been specifically selected and trained for this important role. Visiting students will shadow in the grade for which they are applying. The assigned host will be the same gender as your student. To arrange for your child to shadow, please contact email@example.com, or call (408) 481-9900 x4248.
- 4. Submit an Application: There are limited spots available for the 2017-18 school year. Applications for 2018-19 will be available online on Oct. 1.
- 5. Schedule the Admissions Exam: All prospective students are required to take an admissions exam. You will indicate your preferred testing date on the application. Exams will take place at The King`s Academy. Your student may take the exam on the following date or by arrangement. You will receive notification and details concerning the admissions testing approximately two weeks prior to the test date you selected online. Students will be tested using standardized testing materials covering vocabulary, reading comprehension, and math. Students will also be asked to write an essay. Applicants must score in the 55th percentile or higher to be scheduled for an interview.
- 6. Attend an On-Campus Interview: After the admissions exam has been scored and all documents have been received, qualifying students will be scheduled for an interview. The applicant and both parent(s) or guardian(s) are expected for the interview. The interview is a time for us to learn more about your family and for you to gain a better understanding of The King`s Academy. Interviews will not be scheduled until all application paperwork has been submitted. 5. Await the Admissions Decision Following the interview, our Admissions Committee will meet to consider all applications. Students will be notified by mail of the Admissions Committee decision in mid-March.
- 7. Take the Math Placement Exam: Students who are accepted to The King`s Academy will be required to take a math placement exam on Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. The student`s score on this test will determine their math placement for the 2017-2018 school year.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San JoseGrades: PK-12 | 2030 students
500 Saratoga Ave
San Jose, CA 95129
- San JoseGrades: 9-12 | 1657 students
960 W Hedding St
San Jose, CA 95126
- Portola ValleyGrades: 6-12 | 365 students
302 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA 94028
- San JoseGrades: K-12 | 2765 students
100 Skyway Drive
San Jose, CA 95111
- San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 1466 students
2001 37th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94116
November 24, 2017
Summer is an excellent time to spend a couple of days reviewing your marketing initiatives. It is important to see what's working and what isn't working.
November 24, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
November 24, 2017
Sending your child to a foreign language school makes good sense when you have been posted to this country from abroad and in other circumstances as well.