St. Francis High School
- Saint Francis High School, a Catholic and college preparatory community, educates the whole person in the tradition of Holy Cross.
- Saint Francis High School provides an environment which encourages students to achieve their highest potential through spiritual development, intellectual development, and social development.
- Spiritual development imparts Christian values and promotes community service. Intellectual development fosters academic achievement and lifelong learning, and social development provides exposure to a broad range of activities and experiences.
- Saint Francis High School promotes and builds Christian morality in relationships among members of the school community and within society as a whole, promoting a spirit of family.
- The school is committed to building a just society within the world community in which service to others is practiced by all.
- Saint Francis High School challenges each student to reach full academic potential.
- Recognizing the importance of developing skills in the areas of reading, writing, mathematics, technology, and creative expression, the school offers a variety of experiences in the liberal arts, the sciences and the fine and performing arts.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1667 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||101 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San JoseGrades: 9-12 | 1657 students
960 W Hedding St
San Jose, CA 95126
- Portola ValleyGrades: 6-12 | 365 students
302 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA 94028
- AthertonGrades: 6-12 | 795 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Atherton, CA 94027
- San JoseGrades: 9-12
2281 Plummer Avenue
San Jose, CA 95125
- San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 1270 students
1055 Ellis St
San Francisco, CA 94109
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.