St Francis High School
- Saint Francis High School, a Catholic and college preparatory community, educates the whole person in the tradition of Holy Cross.
- Saint Francis High School provides an environment which encourages students to achieve their highest potential through spiritual development, intellectual development, and social development.
- Spiritual development imparts Christian values and promotes community service. Intellectual development fosters academic achievement and lifelong learning, and social development provides exposure to a broad range of activities and experiences.
- Saint Francis High School promotes and builds Christian morality in relationships among members of the school community and within society as a whole, promoting a spirit of family.
- The school is committed to building a just society within the world community in which service to others is practiced by all.
- Saint Francis High School challenges each student to reach full academic potential.
- Recognizing the importance of developing skills in the areas of reading, writing, mathematics, technology, and creative expression, the school offers a variety of experiences in the liberal arts, the sciences and the fine and performing arts.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1755 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||107 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: 9-12 | 1651 students
960 W Hedding St
San Jose, CA 95126
(408)294-9224 9.3 9-12
- Portola Valley Grades: 6-12 | 375 students
302 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA 94028
(650)851-8223 7 6-12
- Atherton Grades: 6-12 | 799 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Atherton, CA 94027
(650)330-2000 8.2 6-12
- San Jose Grades: 9-12 | 750 students
2281 Plummer Avenue
San Jose, CA 95125
(408)264-1664 11.9 9-12
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 1297 students
1055 Ellis St
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415)775-6626 34.1 9-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.