St Francis High School
- Saint Francis High School, a Catholic and college preparatory community, educates the whole person in the tradition of Holy Cross.
- Saint Francis High School provides an environment which encourages students to achieve their highest potential through spiritual development, intellectual development, and social development.
- Spiritual development imparts Christian values and promotes community service. Intellectual development fosters academic achievement and lifelong learning, and social development provides exposure to a broad range of activities and experiences.
- Saint Francis High School promotes and builds Christian morality in relationships among members of the school community and within society as a whole, promoting a spirit of family.
- The school is committed to building a just society within the world community in which service to others is practiced by all.
- Saint Francis High School challenges each student to reach full academic potential.
- Recognizing the importance of developing skills in the areas of reading, writing, mathematics, technology, and creative expression, the school offers a variety of experiences in the liberal arts, the sciences and the fine and performing arts.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1755 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||107 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: 9-12 | 1651 students
960 W Hedding St
San Jose, CA 95126
(408)294-9224 9.3 9-12
- Portola Valley Grades: 6-12 | 375 students
302 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA 94028
(650)851-8223 7 6-12
- Atherton Grades: 6-12 | 799 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Atherton, CA 94027
(650)330-2000 8.2 6-12
- San Jose Grades: 9-12 | 750 students
2281 Plummer Avenue
San Jose, CA 95125
(408)264-1664 11.9 9-12
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 1297 students
1055 Ellis St
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415)775-6626 34.1 9-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.