Presentation High School
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: 9-12
- Yearly Tuition: $24,750
- Average class size: 23 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 16 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
- San Jose teen sells home-baked goods to buy laptops for nonprofit - 12/05/2021Presentation High School senior Shrobana Sengupta has raised enough money from sales of her home-baked macarons to buy more than 70 computers for clients of Sunday Friends.
- Turkey Drive at Presentation High School in San Jose - 11/23/2021Community members, students, faculty and staff were asked to donate turkeys to help those in need this Thanksgiving
- Bay Area teen’s idea lost a science fair, but now it’s saving babies’ lives - 09/28/2021Presentation High senior Nishi Dharia started a nonprofit to distribute her infant incubators to poor communities in India
Presentation High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
Academics and Faculty
(View more info)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Anime and Manga Club, ASB/ Student Council, Asian Pacific Islander Student Union, ASL Club, Black Student Union, Book Club, Bring Change 2 Mind, Business Leaders and Entrepreneurs, California Scholarship Federation, Chess Club, Desi Student Association, Ethnic Studies Academy, Faith and Justice, Future of Film Club, Gaming Corner, International Thespian Society (ITS), LatinX, Leadership Academy, LGBTQ+, Math and Science Academy, Math Contests, Mu Alpha Theta, Music Students Association, National Art Honor Society (NAHS), National Honor Society, Nirvana (Yoga Club), Panthers Design Co, Panthers Exploring Medicine, Presentation Ambassadors Club (PAC), Presentation Animal Wellness Squad (PAWS), Red Cross Club, Student Environmental Action Society (SEAS), Students for Political Action (SPA), Styled at Pres Fashion Club, Women in Computer Science (WICS)/Girls Who Code, Women in Stem Careers (WISC)
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Dance Team/Dance Company, Improv Team, Jazba, Music Ministry/Liturgical Band, Theatre
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Faith and spiritual development are important parts of the well-rounded education provided at Presentation High School. In addition to academics and activities, students have opportunities for prayer, reflection, community worship and service. The school motto "Not words but deeds" reminds us to transform words into actions with service to our school, community and world.
- Our single-sex environment instills in young women courage, confidence and a sense of empowerment. Just think - the best calculus student at Presentation is a young woman. The top debater and fastest runner are young women. The robotics team, film and media club, Math and Science Academy, all are driven by talented young women who see no limits when it comes to education and personal accomplishment.
- Like larger schools, Presentation offers a wide range of curricular choices, a competitive athletic program, an exciting array of co-curricular activities and a picturesque campus with state-of-the-art facilities. Yet Presentation has retained a small-school feel where teachers, counselors and administrators know students by name. Our gym can accommodate all four class levels at once, fostering a sense of community and school pride at assemblies and liturgies.
- Presentation prepares students for college by using a block schedule that allows for more productivity in the classroom. Classes are 85 minutes long and include lectures, large- and small-group activities, technology, board work and visual aids. Each year 100 percent of our graduates go on to college, where our students report feeling very prepared for the rigors of higher education, particularly in the areas of writing and study skills.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Presentation High School cost?
Presentation High School's tuition is approximately $24,750 for private students.
Does Presentation High School offer a summer program?
Yes, Presentation High School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does Presentation High School offer?
Presentation High School offers 12 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Water Polo. Presentation High School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in California for most sports offered.
What is Presentation High School's ranking?
Presentation High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for: Highest average ACT score, Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees, Most AP courses offered, Most sports offered and Most extracurriculars offered.
When is the application deadline for Presentation High School?
The application deadline for Presentation High School is Dec. 16 / rolling (applications are due on Dec. 16 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Presentation High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards