Saint Simon Parish School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (650)968-9952 Ext. 51
- St. Simon Parish School is a Catholic, coeducational school enrolling approximately 500 students in preschool through eighth grade from Los Altos and the surrounding communities.
- Our mission is to educate children to know, love, and serve God and His world. St. Simon Parish School strives to form a Community of Faith dedicated to living and teaching the message and mission that Jesus Christ entrusted to His Church.
- At St. Simon Parish School our goal is to invite students and families into full participation in the life of the church as active parishioners; challenge attitudes, values, and actions which are in conflict with the Word of God; promote the human dignity of each person; appreciate the rich diversity of those with whom we share our ministry in humility, friendship and love; and maintain a zeal for excellence, especially in our educational endeavor.
- We recognize that parents are the primary educators of their children.
- Together, we are committed to educating the whole child in a student-centered atmosphere, which reflects the Gospel message and fosters each student's spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social, aesthetic, and physical growth.
- In accordance with each child's gifts and abilities, we strive to provide the students with the environment needed to become children of faith, character, compassion, justice, honor, and knowledge.
Saint Simon Parish School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005|
|Total Students||504 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform, blue pants, white polo shirt, plaid skirt, skort of jumper)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||Rate for non-parish members is higher. Discounted rates for multiple children.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Theresa Clark|
|Admissions Associate||Laura Potter|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Math Counts, Robotics Club, Video Production
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Band and Choir, music
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Team Sports for Grades 4-8
- Applicants admitted to Saint Simon School will be contingent on a completed Application Packet, including a $75 application fee, original Birth Certificate, Immunization record, Baptism Certificate (if Catholic), most recent Report Card and most recent Standardized Testing Report. Acceptance into Saint Simon School is also conditioned upon the outcome of a testing/observation session conducted by a Saint Simon School administrator or faculty member. Screenings are held in February for the following year.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Menlo Park Grades: PK-8
1211 Arbor Rd
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(650)322-2312 9.2 PK-8
- Santa Clara Grades: NS-8 | 298 students
725 Washington St
Santa Clara, CA 95050
(408)246-6797 7.4 NS-8
- Sunnyvale Grades: NS-8
1185 Hollenbeck Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
(408)245-7170 2 NS-8
My children transferred from the local public school into Saint Simon in the 4th and 5th Grades. My only regret was I didn't transfer them earlier. With the rigorous, yet manageable academics, the programs for social outreach, the continued development of character and morality of the students in the classrooms, we have been thoroughly satisfied with the school. They went on to Saint Francis High School with a strong foundation!!!
- Posted by Parent - prout
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.