Waldorf School Of The Peninsula
Tel: (650) 209-9400
Waldorf School Of The Peninsula Photo #6 - Kindergarten children skipping to their classroom on a December morning.
Waldorf School Of The Peninsula Photo #9 - High School Photography Field Trip during Experiential Interdisciplinary Week.
- Beginning with the intimacy and warmth of our parent-toddler classes, progressing through our joyful nursery and kindergartens to the challenging and experiential curriculum of our grades, and culminating in the academic and artistic rigor of our high school, Waldorf School of the Peninsula offers an exceptional education for your child from toddler to young adult.
- Our school fosters the capacities needed for a successful, purposeful, and joyful life, ignites intrinsic passion for learning, and inspires responsibility for self, community and the world.
- These include confidence and self-discipline, the ability to think independently and work with others, mastery of analytical and critical faculties, fluency with creative and artistic expression, and reverence for the beauty and wonder of the world.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||322 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Ashley Brickeen & Audrey Lee|
|Admissions Associate||Audrey Lee|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Track and Field,|
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Leadership Club, Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Eurythmy, Guitar, Handbell Choir, Orchestra/Strings
- Waldorf graduates enter adulthood with the "21st century skills" of confidence and self-discipline, the ability to think independently and work with others, mastery of analytical and critical faculties, fluency with creative and artistic expression, and reverence for the beauty and wonder of life.
- Waldorf alumni work in all sectors of the economy, bringing their passion for learning and their highly developed ethics to the realms of science and technology, business, the arts, the environment, government, and other new and traditional professions.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Altos Grades: K-12 | 577 students
26800 Fremont Rd
Los Altos, CA 94022
(650) 209-3010 4.1 K-12
- Los Altos Grades: K-12 | 595 students
327 Fremont Ave
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650) 209-3050 1.5 K-12
- Mountain View Grades: 9-12 | 1760 students
1885 Miramonte Ave
Mountain View, CA 94040
(650) 968-1213 1.8 9-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.