St Clare School
- St. Clare, founded in 1856 by the sisters of Notre Dame, is committed to teaching the Good News to all students in grades K - 8.
- We, the community of St. Clare, believe that Catholic education is an expression of the mission entrusted by Jesus Christ to our church.
- Recognizing parents as primary educators, we focus on the ongoing development of the whole child.
- Through our Silver Box program, we foster the values of learning, caring, worshipping and growing in a Christ-centered environment where the uniqueness of every child is valued.
- We offer quality Catholic education by encouraging all students to develop respect for self and others.
- In addition to a fine academic program, our faculty and staff believe our mission is to recognize that parents are partners in this educational process, while creating a community of faith and love.
- St. Clare School offers a curriculum that fosters the growth and development of each child spiritually, academically, socially, psychologically, and physically.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||298 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||34 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San JoseGrades: PK-8 | 348 students
300 O'Connor Drive
San Jose, CA 95128
- San JoseGrades: NS-8 | 280 students
1051 W San Fernando St
San Jose, CA 95126
- FremontGrades: PK-6 | 295 students
155 Washington Blvd
Fremont, CA 94539
- Palo AltoGrades: K-8 | 235 students
4000 Terman Drive
Palo Alto, CA 94306
- San JoseGrades: NS-5 | 138 students
5100 Camden ave
San Jose, CA 95124
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.