St Clare School
- St. Clare, founded in 1856 by the sisters of Notre Dame, is committed to teaching the Good News to all students in grades K - 8.
- We, the community of St. Clare, believe that Catholic education is an expression of the mission entrusted by Jesus Christ to our church.
- Recognizing parents as primary educators, we focus on the ongoing development of the whole child.
- Through our Silver Box program, we foster the values of learning, caring, worshipping and growing in a Christ-centered environment where the uniqueness of every child is valued.
- We offer quality Catholic education by encouraging all students to develop respect for self and others.
- In addition to a fine academic program, our faculty and staff believe our mission is to recognize that parents are partners in this educational process, while creating a community of faith and love.
- St. Clare School offers a curriculum that fosters the growth and development of each child spiritually, academically, socially, psychologically, and physically.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||298 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||34 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: PK-8 | 354 students
300 O'Connor Drive
San Jose, CA 95128
(408)287-3630 1.5 PK-8
- Santa Clara Grades: K-12 | 96 students
220 Blake Ave # B
Santa Clara, CA 95051
(408)247-4740 0.8 K-12
- Campbell Grades: PK-8 | 136 students
400 W Campbell Ave
Campbell, CA 95008
(408)378-5935 4.2 PK-8
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.