Old Orchard School
Old Orchard School Photo #6 - After-school athletics program including volleyball, cross country, basketball and track and field.
Old Orchard School Photo #8 - Every year in January our 1st graders write and deliver their very own "I Have a Dream" speeches.
- Small School. Big Education. Old Orchard is a Jr.K-8 independent school providing a warm, friendly educational community, challenging and engaging academics, award-winning STEAM and Language Arts programs and daily Spanish classes balanced with vibrant visual and performing arts programs.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 7 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,920|
|Tuition Notes||JK Half Day $11,700 JK Full Day $19,510 Kindergarten $21,210 Grades 1-8 $22,780|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$12,000|
|Admissions Director||Tracie Tunnell|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
3D Printing, App Design, Chess, Cooking Club, Robotics, Yoga Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Claymation, Creative Writing, Drama, Improv, Music class
- Old Orchard is the small schol that delivers a big education. We ask a lot of our students. Academic subjects are accelerated, but never rushed. We emphasize comprehension and critical thinking, asking our students to work toward thoughtful solutions to challenging questions. Digital, visual and performing arts programs offer balance, providing students with creative outlets that also strengthen their academic work. From Jr. Kindergarten through 8th Grade, our faculty and staff have the time to work closely with individual students, whether it be guiding them through tough math problems or coaching them through life lessons.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fremont Grades: PK-6 | 231 students
155 Washington Blvd
Fremont, CA 94539
(510)490-1993 17.1 PK-6
- Los Altos Grades: NS-6 | 96 students
101 North El Monte Road
Los Altos, CA 94022
(650)949-0909 10.2 NS-6
- Los Altos Grades: NS-8 | 164 students
625 Magdalena Avenue
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650)948-3738 9.3 NS-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.