Old Orchard School
Old Orchard School Photo #5 - After-school athletics program including volleyball, cross country, basketball and track and field.
Old Orchard School Photo #7 - Every year in January our 1st graders write and deliver their very own "I Have a Dream" speeches.
- Small School. Big Education. Old Orchard is a Jr.K-8 independent school providing a warm, friendly educational community, challenging and engaging academics, award-winning STEAM and Language Arts programs and daily Spanish classes balanced with vibrant visual and performing arts programs.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 7 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,920|
|Tuition Notes||JK Half Day $11,700 JK Full Day $19,510 Kindergarten $21,210 Grades 1-8 $22,780|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$12,000|
|Admissions Director||Tracie Tunnell|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
3D Printing, App Design, Chess, Cooking Club, Robotics, Yoga Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Claymation, Creative Writing, Drama, Improv, Music class
- Old Orchard is the small school that delivers a big education. We ask a lot of our students. Academic subjects are accelerated, but never rushed. We emphasize comprehension and critical thinking, asking our students to work toward thoughtful solutions to challenging questions. Digital, visual and performing arts programs offer balance, providing students with creative outlets that also strengthen their academic work. From Jr. Kindergarten through 8th Grade, our faculty and staff have the time to work closely with individual students, whether it be guiding them through tough math problems or coaching them through life lessons.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fremont Grades: NS-6 | 231 students
155 Washington Blvd
Fremont, CA 94539
(510)490-1993 17.1 NS-6
- Los Altos Grades: NS-6 | 96 students
101 North El Monte Road
Los Altos, CA 94022
(650)949-0909 10.2 NS-6
- Los Altos Grades: NS-8 | 164 students
625 Magdalena Avenue
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650)948-3738 9.3 NS-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.