The Harker School is a nonprofit K-12, coed, private school in Silicon Valley that has earned international recognition for its top academics, quality teachers and student achievements.
Founded in 1893 and educating more than 1,975 students, Harker is the largest independent school of its kind in California.
We have beautiful, expansive San Jose campuses specifically designed for each of our three divisions - lower, middle and upper - where our students enjoy outstanding facilities, leading-edge technology and inspiring faculty who help them become the best they can be.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 528 students
- Yearly Tuition: $55,500
- Average class size: 9 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 9
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Khaki or navy pants or skirt, white shirt.
Khaki or navy pants or skirt, white shirt.
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition includes before- and after-school care, lunch and most school expenses, such as our intercampus shuttle, yearbooks, local field trips, athletic uniforms, etc.
Summer Program Cost Notes
Summer program costs vary by session (see website)
% on Financial Aid
Diann Chung, K-Gr. 5
Total Sports Offered
- The Harker School believes it is responsible for fostering academic excellence, self-discovery and personal integrity.
- Our student body reflects the diverse Bay Area population, where each individual benefits from the intellectual, ethical and cultural strengths of the community.
- Clear expectations, and rules and consequences create a learning environment that promotes self-discipline and responsibility
- Outstanding faculty and small class sizes are essential components of The Harker School.Academic specialists make the most effective teachers and beginning with the primary level, these trained specialists teach all subjects including science, foreign language, music, drama, dance, technology, physical education, library skills and art.
- State of the art facilities and the best resources are an integral part of the stimulating, inspirational and safe learning environment.
- Our curriculum is challenging, and constantly evolving to meet the needs of students.
- Through comprehensive teaching techniques and support systems we address individual student needs.
- We empower students to discover and develop their personal academic and extra curricular strengths; leadership, service, ethics and physical health are important elements of our curricular design.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Harker School Middle School cost?
The Harker School Middle School's tuition is approximately $55,500 for private students.
Does The Harker School Middle School offer a summer program?
Yes, The Harker School Middle School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does The Harker School Middle School offer?
The Harker School Middle School offers 16 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo and Wrestling. The Harker School Middle School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in California for most sports offered.
What is The Harker School Middle School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for The Harker School Middle School?
The application deadline for The Harker School Middle School is Jan. 9.
Endorse The Harker School Middle School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.