Holy Spirit School
5.00 (1 review)
Holy Spirit School Photo #2 - Holy Spirit School buddy program forms bonds between "big" buddies and "little" buddies who attend mass, work on math projects and read together on a regular basis.
Holy Spirit School Photo #3 - Faculty, staff, parents and volunteers work together to help students discover faith, seek knowledge and experience community.
- Please join us for tours of our entire campus, including the brand new STEM lab and Art Studio.
- Visit any of our PreK - 8th grade classrooms for grade level activities and demonstrations highlighting our technology-rich, collaborative teaching methods.
- Current parents, teachers, students, alum and staff will all be available to share their experience at Holy Spirit School where together we discover FAITH, seek KNOWLEDGE and experience COMMUNITY. Sunday, January 28, 2018 9 am to 1 pm 1198 Redmond Avenue San Jose, CA.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||535 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,150|
|Tuition Notes||tuition assistance available; application and registration fees apply|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Community Service Projects, Cub Scouts, Garden Club, Girl Scouts, Odyssey of the Mind, Public Speaking, Robotics Team, Student Ambassador Program, Student Council (Middle School)
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama Productions
- Holy Spirit School provides each student with a foundation for life by establishing a Christ-centered environment that fosters spiritual growth, academic and personal excellence, and technological competency. Holy Spirit School is devoted to pursuing the educational mission of the Roman Catholic Church. We recognize parents as the primary educator of their children. In partnership with our school parents, dedicated staff, and supportive parish communities, we commit ourselves to educating the whole child in a Christ-centered environment that fosters spiritual growth, academic and personal excellence, and technological competency. Living as a faith community, we support students' growth in serving God, the Church, and one another as taught in the Gospel. We believe that education is a cooperative venture of exploration, interaction, and discovery of self, others, and the world. Together with family and parish communities, we strive to provide faith, confidence, skills and vision in students so that they can become future leaders of tomorrow. It is our belief that Holy Spirit School truly offers each child a foundation for life.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: NS-8
19950 Mckean Road
San Jose, CA 95120
(408)927-5771 3.3 NS-8
- San Jose Grades: K-8 | 627 students
2278 Booksin Ave
San Jose, CA 95125
(408)723-3598 4 K-8
- Los Gatos Grades: NS-8 | 358 students
16845 Hicks Rd
Los Gatos, CA 95032
(408)997-4681 1.8 NS-8
We have been very pleased with the education our children have received the entire five years we have attended the school. We love the sense of community throughout the school as well as the respect the teachers and administration have for students and parents. We feel very lucky to have found the school during our initial kindergarten search. The school has a well developed art program, science lab, and many extra curricular activities (running, drama, public speaking, sports, art, Girl Scouts, robotics and many more)
- Posted by Parent - CHC
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.