Children's House Montessori Academy
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our goal at the Montessori Academy is to provide children with a learning environment which will enable them to become responsible and competent, lifelong learners.In the classroom children are encouraged to increase their knowledge in a cooperative, and nurturing learning atmosphere. The students increase their own knowledge through self– and teacher– initiated activities. The materials, along with role-modeling by the teachers and other students, help to make the Montessori classroom a meaningful and unique learning experience.The classroom consists of multi-ages (2.6-6 years), which encourages social interaction, peer teaching, role modeling, and emotional development to take place.Parent involvement is as an important part of Montessori schooling. We believe a strong relationship between home and school is important for a solid foundation. We encourage our parents to take every opportunity to participate in the education of their children. The Academy encourages frequent visits and provides a variety of parent volunteer opportunities. During the school year, informal parent education programs will be available - each designed to guide you through the journey of helping your child discover and enjoy a lifetime of learning.The “whole” child concept is something that is highly regarded in the classroom environment. The child’s physical, emotional, social, spiritual, aesthetic, and cognitive needs are all viewed as being equally important. In the classroom there are diverse set of Montessori materials, activities and experiences that are designed to foster the “whole” child. The classroom is broken into different subject areas: Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Math, Geography, Science, and Art.The children are taught and exposed to Spanish & American Sign Language Daily.
- We offer many different Program Options. Tuition is based on a 10 month academic year August to June. Families can pay the entire year’s tuition upfront and receive a 10% discount or chose monthly payment options. A 10% discount for siblings is offered as well.
- Kindergarten Available for a 5-Full Day Program Five-day, Full Day Program (8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)*Recommended for fives and six.
- Monthly Payment $460.00Annual Payment $4,600.00 Five-Day, Half Day Program (8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. or 1 - 4 p.m.)*Recommended for threes and foursMonthly Payment $285.00Annual Payment $2,850.00 Three-Day, Full Day Program M-W-F (8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.)*Recommended for fours and fivesMonthly Payment $340.00Annual Payment $3,400.00 Three-Day, Half Day Program, M-W-F (8:30-11:30 a.m. or 1-4 p.m.) *Recommended for early threesMonthly Payment $255.00Annual Payment $2,550.00
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marion Grades: PK-12 | 357 students
5318 S Western Ave
Marion, IN 46953
(765)677-4266 1.5 PK-12
- Marion Grades: PK-6 | 128 students
1009 W Kem Rd
Marion, IN 46952
(765)662-2883 3.3 PK-6
- Marion Grades: 8-12 | 16 students
1002 S 350 E
Marion, IN 46953
(765)668-4009 3.5 8-12
- Jonesboro Grades: K-12 | 167 students
1201 S Water St
Jonesboro, IN 46938
(765)674-1722 4.4 K-12
- Kokomo Grades: 1-7 | 26 students
3518 N 700 E
Kokomo, IN 46901
(765)628-2991 17 1-7
Nearby Homes for Sale
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.