Children's House Montessori Academy
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our goal at the Montessori Academy is to provide children with a learning environment which will enable them to become responsible and competent, lifelong learners.In the classroom children are encouraged to increase their knowledge in a cooperative, and nurturing learning atmosphere. The students increase their own knowledge through self– and teacher– initiated activities. The materials, along with role-modeling by the teachers and other students, help to make the Montessori classroom a meaningful and unique learning experience.The classroom consists of multi-ages (2.6-6 years), which encourages social interaction, peer teaching, role modeling, and emotional development to take place.Parent involvement is as an important part of Montessori schooling. We believe a strong relationship between home and school is important for a solid foundation. We encourage our parents to take every opportunity to participate in the education of their children. The Academy encourages frequent visits and provides a variety of parent volunteer opportunities. During the school year, informal parent education programs will be available - each designed to guide you through the journey of helping your child discover and enjoy a lifetime of learning.The “whole” child concept is something that is highly regarded in the classroom environment. The child’s physical, emotional, social, spiritual, aesthetic, and cognitive needs are all viewed as being equally important. In the classroom there are diverse set of Montessori materials, activities and experiences that are designed to foster the “whole” child. The classroom is broken into different subject areas: Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Math, Geography, Science, and Art.The children are taught and exposed to Spanish & American Sign Language Daily.
- We offer many different Program Options. Tuition is based on a 10 month academic year August to June. Families can pay the entire year’s tuition upfront and receive a 10% discount or chose monthly payment options. A 10% discount for siblings is offered as well.
- Kindergarten Available for a 5-Full Day Program Five-day, Full Day Program (8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)*Recommended for fives and six.
- Monthly Payment $460.00Annual Payment $4,600.00 Five-Day, Half Day Program (8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. or 1 - 4 p.m.)*Recommended for threes and foursMonthly Payment $285.00Annual Payment $2,850.00 Three-Day, Full Day Program M-W-F (8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.)*Recommended for fours and fivesMonthly Payment $340.00Annual Payment $3,400.00 Three-Day, Half Day Program, M-W-F (8:30-11:30 a.m. or 1-4 p.m.) *Recommended for early threesMonthly Payment $255.00Annual Payment $2,550.00
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Children's House Montessori Academy is Lakeview Christian School (1.5 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marion Grades: PK-6 | 128 students
1009 W Kem Rd
Marion, IN 46952
(765)662-2883 3.3 PK-6
- Marion Grades: 8-12 | 16 students
1002 S 350 E
Marion, IN 46953
(765)668-4009 3.5 8-12
- Jonesboro Grades: K-12 | 167 students
1201 S Water St
Jonesboro, IN 46938
(765)674-1722 4.4 K-12
- Kokomo Grades: 1-7 | 26 students
3518 N 700 E
Kokomo, IN 46901
(765)628-2991 17 1-7
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.