Childrens Garden Montessori
5.00 (1 review)
- Children's Garden Montessori School provides to children 18 months to 6 years old a loving, nurturing environment that provides children the freedom within a Montessori structure to develop independence and initiative, become life long learners and have a genuine love of learning.
- A Montessori education is an established philosophy and method originated by Dr. Maria Montessori in the first half of the 20th century.
- It was her belief that the goal of early childhood education should be to cultivate the child's own natural desire to learn.Children's Garden Montessori admits children of any race, creed or origin and does not discriminate in any of its policies or programs.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 51%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Children’s Garden Montessori School follows the guidelines and philosophy of the American Montessori Society. Our curriculum is based on the fully prepared learning environment which provides a teacher trained to observe, interact with, and present children with information and presentations of new materials, a diverse set of Montessori materials, activities, and experiences, a schedule that provides long blocks of uninterrupted learning time, along with individual, small group and whole class learning activities, a classroom that fosters appropriate social interaction and auto-learning, and clear ground rules that encourage children to respect themselves, others and the environment. Adults in the classroom role-model courtesy, facilitate exploration and independent choices on the part of the child, promote children collaborating together on activities or projects, and encourage children taking responsibility for their actions and their environment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Fe Grades: K-12 | 20 students
702 Bishops Lodge Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87501
(505)954-1845 10.3 K-12
- Santa Fe Grades: 6-12 | 135 students
7300 Old Santa Fe Trail
Santa Fe, NM 87505
(505)992-8284 5.6 6-12
Our four year old son has been at Children's Garden Montessori for over six months and he couldn't be happier! It did not take him long to feel at ease and confident in the safe, calm, and engaging environment. Joan, Dora, as well as the toddler classroom teachers truly love what they do. They are loving, attentive and really work with the children on an individual level, and it shows, the children both adore and respect them. It is a joy to drop our son off everyday and have him eagerly wave us off, excited for the day. We believe that enrolling our son in Children's Garden Montessori was a very good decision to meet his developmental and social needs, and would highly recommend this school to anyone.
- Posted by Parent - m.ant
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.