Santa Fe Waldorf School
- Based on the pedagogical principles of Rudolf Steiner, the mission of the Santa Fe Waldorf School is to cultivate the intellectual, social, emotional, physical and spiritual capacities of the developing individual through an age-appropriate early childhood through twelfth grade curriculum.
- We educate the whole child in a balanced and healthy way.
- Our students engage in rigorous academics and gain a fundamental connection to the natural world, an appreciation of themselves and others, and the ability for moral discernment.
- Waldorf graduates become thoughtful, fulfilled citizens who think imaginatively, communicate effectively, relate compassionately, and initiate healthy change in the world.
Santa Fe Waldorf School places among the top 20% of private schools in New Mexico for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||216 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 52%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||521|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,000|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool/Kindergarten: $10,133 Grades 1-5: $14,211 MS: $15,980 HS: $19,536Grades 1 -5: $12690 Grades 6-8: $14275 High School: $17450|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jen Warren|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Archery, Basketball, Dance, Snowboarding, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Archery,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- For nearly 100 years Waldorf education has provided a unique model for instructing and inspiring children of all ages. The Waldorf curriculum is broad and comprehensive, structured to respond to the developmental phases of childhood. Vibrant teaching methods inspire students to engage fully in each educational experience, inspiring a life-long love of learning.All academic classes are infused with art to encourage creative thinking, inspire self-discipline, and deepen the students' understanding of subject matter. Courses such as painting, drama, chorus, movement and orchestra support the academic lessons while practical arts-- weaving, woodwork, and metal work-- foster self reliance and a genuine engagement with the world.At the heart of the Waldorf approach is the recognition of the spiritual nature of the human being. Children are encouraged to remain open to the interconnectedness of life, and the entire education is crafted to support them in their growth as globally aware and socially-responsible individuals. With more than 1,000 Waldorf schools worldwide and about 250 Waldorf schools and initiatives in North America, Waldorf education is the fastest-growing educational movement in the world.
- In 1983, a group of parents who believed strongly in providing Waldorf education for their children and for the Santa Fe community, established the school with a Kindergarten and grades 1-3. Over the years, Santa Fe Waldorf has grown to become the only private school in Santa Fe offering the complete educational journey including Parent Infanct classes, preschool, elementary, middle school and high school. Since our modest beginnings, our enrollment has grown on our 13 acre campus in southeast Santa Fe. SFWS is an independent, nonprofit organization with accreditation through the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA) and the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA).Additionally, our school is a full member of the Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America (WECAN) and the New Mexico Athletics Association (NMAA). We welcome and serve students from a variety of social, economic, ethnic, cultural and international backgrounds.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Fe Grades: PK-6 | 184 students
715 Camino Cabra
Santa Fe, NM 87505
(505) 983-1621 2.9 PK-6
- Santa Fe Grades: 6-12 | 135 students
7300 Old Santa Fe Trail
Santa Fe, NM 87505
(505) 992-8284 0.7 6-12
- Santa Fe Grades: 7-12 | 318 students
1101 Camino De Cruz Blanca
Santa Fe, NM 87505
(505) 982-1829 2.6 7-12
Great school provides a solid academic foundation that instills creative problem solving and the skills to truly succeed. The students are educated in a more complete way with art, movement and music integrated to the core curriculum. It is all about learning and not teaching to a test. The teachers are dedicated and the community of parents is very actively involved.
- Posted by Parent - evlco