- Top Ranked NM School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Enrollment: 217 students
- Acceptance rate: 85%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Santa Fe Waldorf School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New Mexico for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- For nearly 100 years Waldorf education has provided a unique model for instructing and inspiring children of all ages. The Waldorf curriculum is broad and comprehensive, structured to respond to the developmental phases of childhood. Vibrant teaching methods inspire students to engage fully in each educational experience, inspiring a life-long love of learning. All academic classes are infused with art to encourage creative thinking, inspire self-discipline, and deepen the students' understanding of subject matter. Courses such as painting, drama, chorus, movement and orchestra support the academic lessons while practical arts-- weaving, woodwork, and metal work-- foster self reliance and a genuine engagement with the world. At the heart of the Waldorf approach is the recognition of the spiritual nature of the human being. Children are encouraged to remain open to the interconnectedness of life, and the entire education is crafted to support them in their growth as globally aware and socially-responsible individuals.With more than 1,000 Waldorf schools worldwide and about 250 Waldorf schools and initiatives in North America, Waldorf education is the fastest-growing educational movement in the world.
- In 1983, a group of parents who believed strongly in providing Waldorf education for their children and for the Santa Fe community, established the school with a Kindergarten and grades 1-3. Over the years, Santa Fe Waldorf has grown to become the only private school in Santa Fe offering the complete educational journey including Parent Infanct classes, preschool, elementary, middle school and high school. Since our modest beginnings, our enrollment has grown on our 13 acre campus in southeast Santa Fe. SFWS is an independent, nonprofit organization with accreditation through the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA) and the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA).Additionally, our school is a full member of the Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America (WECAN) and the New Mexico Athletics Association (NMAA). We welcome and serve students from a variety of social, economic, ethnic, cultural and international backgrounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of Santa Fe Waldorf School?
What sports does Santa Fe Waldorf School offer?
What is Santa Fe Waldorf School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Santa Fe Waldorf School?
Endorse Santa Fe Waldorf School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards