Santa Fe Prep School
Tel: (505) 982-1829
- http://www.youtube.com/watch v=l3kFy_7trLE&feature=youtu.be At Santa Fe Prep, we are dedicated to active discourse among teachers who love to teach and students who love to learn.
- You can see it on faces all across our campus: a sense of adventure, an aliveness of spirit, an awakened interest and curiosity.
- These are the foundation and the fruits of the Santa Fe Prep experience.Vitality, commitment, curiosity, engagement, exploration and discovery—when you come to Prep, you are choosing an active education.
- At Prep, we believe strongly in academic excellence and being an active and engaged citizen in our community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||318 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 52%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Average SAT score||1370|
|Average ACT score||28|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,057|
|Tuition Notes||Add an additional $500 for books and fees.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Michael Multari|
|Admissions Associate||Mary Little|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Model UN, Speech and Debate, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- Our discussion-based learning encourages and stimulates an engaging exchange of knowledge and perspectives and the cultivation of skills and attitudes necessary for success in selective colleges and universities across the country and in life. Students participate fully in the life of the school as well as decisions that affect how we live and learn together.Prep is a culturally vibrant and diverse community of students and educators who understand that learning takes place not just in the classroom but also in the richness of interaction, in the expansion of individual boundaries, and in the exploration and introduction of new interests, ideas and abilities.With over 1700 graduates empowered by the values and qualities inherent in our school, Prep ensures that each student will be challenged and encouraged, stretched and supported. Here on our 33-acre Santa Fe campus, surrounded by the enchanting beauty of the Southwest, we provide a vigorous and exciting education rich with social interaction, sports competition, the arts, and a long-standing commitment to service learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Fe Grades: 6-12 | 135 students
7300 Old Santa Fe Trail
Santa Fe, NM 87505
(505) 992-8284 2.9 6-12
- Santa Fe Grades: PK-6 | 184 students
715 Camino Cabra
Santa Fe, NM 87505
(505) 983-1621 0.3 PK-6
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.