Christ Lutheran School
- We are a Classical school whose mission, passion, and purpose is to equip the future generations of Christian leaders.
- We work diligently and intentionally to create proficient readers, eloquent writers, effective problem solvers, and logical thinkers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Gifted and Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||149 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Uniforms of Khaki, Blue & Yellow)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,750|
|Admissions Director||Steve Vandemark|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Soccer, Track and Field,
- Here at Christ Lutheran School, you will find a school unlike any other. It is founded on excellence. Excellence in academics; excellence in facilities; excellence in preparing students to be leaders!Above all, our excellence is founded on a faith and understanding that the God of this universe, who gave us His excellence through the gift of His son Jesus Christ, created us and expects us to use our God-given talents and abilities to love Him and serve. That is why at CLS you will find all we do, all we believe, and all we exist to accomplish is profoundly rooted in equipping the future generation of Christian leaders.Christ Lutheran School is rooted in Classical Education. The challenge is communicating exactly what that means, or more important, what does that look like in the education of a CLS student. In summary, Christ Lutheran School is passionate about developing proficient readers, eloquent writers, and deep, logical, independent thinkers who will be equipped as leaders.Thank you for considering Christ Lutheran School and giving us the opportunity to serve you and your family in this special way. If you have further questions or would like a personal tour of the school please contact us at any time We are here for you and your child!
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Overland ParkGrades: NS-PK
11842 West 112th St.
Overland Park, KS 66210
Overland ParkGrades: NS-K
11060 Oakmont Street
Overland Park, KS 66210
Overland ParkGrades: NS-PK
10456 Mastin St.
Overland Park, KS 66212
Overland ParkGrades: 9-12 | 952 students
11411 Pflumm Rd
Overland Park, KS 66215
Overland ParkGrades: K-9 | 432 students
11300 W 103rd St
Overland Park, KS 66214
My children have been at Christ Lutheran School for 5 years and we would HIGHLY recommend the school! I am a former public school teacher (currently at home with our youngest), and the differences that I see are incomparable! It is hard to consider other options when you are in an area like Johnson County and the public schools are considered to be good - but once you really start looking, you will be suprised!!! That's not just my opinion, in my son's class of 16 students, there are 7 kids who have a parent that is CURRENTLY or fomerly a public school teacher in this area, AND they are sending their children to Christ Lutheran School - I think that speaks volumes! Some of them are dropping their kids off at CLS and then driving across town to teach at a public school - obiviously it would be easier to just have their children attend the public school, BUT there is a reason these parents are making these choices. CLS has VERY high standards and brings out the best in every child!!! They have a strong faith program, an EXCELLENT academic program (includeing Latin class WITH a live Latin speaking teacher, not just a teacher who plays a video like the public schools program), plenty of good extracurricular activites (such as sports, music, chess, Scouts, charity & community service, etc.) It's a great school!
- Posted by Parent - tdhel
I joined Christ Lutheran in 3rd grade when it was still in its early years. Best decision my parents ever made for me. I really grew in my faith. I was challenged to push myself to be the best. The atmosphere is great, wish I could go back through it again. I made life long friends that I will never forget. As a junior in high school now, I can say without a doubt that CLS really prepared me for my future. Would HIGHLY recommend this school. GO GRIFFINS!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Corno
I attended Christ Lutheran School/pre-school from age 3 all the way through 8th grade. Having graduated a few years ago, I have seen the school grow progressively. The program there is great. It provides the students with skills they will use forever, both intellectual and spiritual. The athletic program Christ Lutheran has is phenomenal. The program started off small, however they now have a phenomenal boys basketball team which has gotten 1st three years in a row, an amazing track team of both boys and girls, and now have added (this past year) a cheer team. Overall, the environment for children is truly outstanding, and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - morga