Christ Lutheran School
We are a Classical school whose mission, passion, and purpose is to equip the future generations of Christian leaders.
We work diligently and intentionally to create proficient readers, eloquent writers, effective problem solvers, and logical thinkers.
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Students: 149 students
- Yearly Tuition: $5,750
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Gifted and Learning Disabilities
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 24%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(Uniforms of Khaki, Blue & Yellow)
(Uniforms of Khaki, Blue & Yellow)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
- Here at Christ Lutheran School, you will find a school unlike any other. It is founded on excellence. Excellence in academics; excellence in facilities; excellence in preparing students to be leaders!Above all, our excellence is founded on a faith and understanding that the God of this universe, who gave us His excellence through the gift of His son Jesus Christ, created us and expects us to use our God-given talents and abilities to love Him and serve. That is why at CLS you will find all we do, all we believe, and all we exist to accomplish is profoundly rooted in equipping the future generation of Christian leaders.Christ Lutheran School is rooted in Classical Education. The challenge is communicating exactly what that means, or more important, what does that look like in the education of a CLS student. In summary, Christ Lutheran School is passionate about developing proficient readers, eloquent writers, and deep, logical, independent thinkers who will be equipped as leaders.Thank you for considering Christ Lutheran School and giving us the opportunity to serve you and your family in this special way. If you have further questions or would like a personal tour of the school please contact us at any time We are here for you and your child!
My children have been at Christ Lutheran School for 5 years and we would HIGHLY recommend the school! I am a former public school teacher (currently at home with our youngest), and the differences that I see are incomparable! It is hard to consider other options when you are in an area like Johnson County and the public schools are considered to be good - but once you really start looking, you will be suprised!!! That's not just my opinion, in my son's class of 16 students, there are 7 kids who have a parent that is CURRENTLY or fomerly a public school teacher in this area, AND they are sending their children to Christ Lutheran School - I think that speaks volumes! Some of them are dropping their kids off at CLS and then driving across town to teach at a public school - obiviously it would be easier to just have their children attend the public school, BUT there is a reason these parents are making these choices. CLS has VERY high standards and brings out the best in every child!!! They have a strong faith program, an EXCELLENT academic program (includeing Latin class WITH a live Latin speaking teacher, not just a teacher who plays a video like the public schools program), plenty of good extracurricular activites (such as sports, music, chess, Scouts, charity & community service, etc.) It's a great school!
I joined Christ Lutheran in 3rd grade when it was still in its early years. Best decision my parents ever made for me. I really grew in my faith. I was challenged to push myself to be the best. The atmosphere is great, wish I could go back through it again. I made life long friends that I will never forget. As a junior in high school now, I can say without a doubt that CLS really prepared me for my future. Would HIGHLY recommend this school. GO GRIFFINS!!!
I attended Christ Lutheran School/pre-school from age 3 all the way through 8th grade. Having graduated a few years ago, I have seen the school grow progressively. The program there is great. It provides the students with skills they will use forever, both intellectual and spiritual. The athletic program Christ Lutheran has is phenomenal. The program started off small, however they now have a phenomenal boys basketball team which has gotten 1st three years in a row, an amazing track team of both boys and girls, and now have added (this past year) a cheer team. Overall, the environment for children is truly outstanding, and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone.
Endorse Christ Lutheran School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards