Christ Lutheran School
- Christ Lutheran Schools offers a well-rounded Christian education to students from the entire community. Students perform above national averages in all subject areas and have many opportunities to go beyond the norm in a variety of areas. In addition to the basics of religion, reading, math, science, social studies, literature, English, and spelling we offer Spanish in the upper grades, and band and choir in grades 5-8. We also participate in an annual spelling bee, science fair, the National Geographic Bee, and the National History Bee. All students have art, physical education, and music every week. Our students may also participate in volleyball, basketball, track and field, golf, and cross country teams with other private schools through the Albuquerque Christian Athletic Association. In addition we have a student council that works on projects for the school, a Destion Imagination group and some other after school clubs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||166 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 52%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||May be paid monthly, quarterly, or annually.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Golf, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
- Christ offers small, single-grade classrooms in each grade. Our students in grades 6-8 operate in a middle-school environment, switching classrooms for math, science, social studies, literature, and English. They also have a fine-arts elective, selecting between band, choir, and art. More than half of our graduates take honors and AP classes in high school. One of our graduates was the Valedictorian at Sandia High School in 2014.
- After high school our graduates have gone on to colleges and universities all over the country including Brown and Columbia from the Ivy League, Regis University in Denver, George Mason University, Bulter University, the University of Southern California, Oregon State, Colorado State University, and many more. One graduate is a veterinarian, and another is working on his doctorate in engineering at New Mexico State University.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-12 | 1156 students
8005 Louisiana Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
(505)821-2513 4 PK-12
We have spent tens of billions on educational technology since the 1990s. Has all this spending improved educational outcomes?
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.