Chrysalis School Photo #3 - Class sizes average 3-8 students. There is no bad seat in the classroom with plentiful student-teacher interaction!
Chrysalis School Photo #4 - Our teachers are not limited to the school building - we head outside for class when weather allows!
Chrysalis School Photo #5 - Teachers utilize hands on learning as much as possible. Here biology students are dissecting frogs.
Chrysalis School Photo #7 - Chrysalis offers guitar and voice lessons. Many of our students are fantastic musicians.
Chrysalis School Photo #9 - Classrooms either have a smart board or flat screen TV to utilize things such as Google Classroom.
- Chrysalis School's mission is to provide the best quality therapeutic services, education, and experiential opportunities to adolescents and their families in the context of a warm and nurturing residential boarding school environment while maintaining a commitment to integrity in all that we do.
- Chrysalis is accredited by the National Independent Private Schools Association (NIPSA) and provisionally licensed and registered with the Montana Department of Labor and Industry as a Private Alternative Adolescent Residential Program.
- Chrysalis enables students to develop healthy coping, living, communication, and interpersonal skills.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, SoccerCross Country, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Community Service Projects, International Travel, Poetry Out Loud, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Art Club, Guitar Lessons, Voice Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Alpine Skiing, Backpacking, Biking, Boating, Camping, Hiking, Horsemanship, Rafting, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding
- We offer a warm and supportive environment that fosters individualism, self-confidence and a sense of belonging. Our beautiful campus is located in northwest Montana, just five miles from the British Columbia border. We`ve chosen to make our home here because of the beautiful and remote setting which shows our students the benefits of unplugging from the stressors of an urban environment. The tranquility of living on a lake in the midst of the Rockies can be a peaceful reminder to students that there is more to life than smartphones! Chrysalis is home to adolescent girls ages 13 to 18 whose typical length of stay is 18 months, but this can be individualized for each resident`s needs. Students live family style in one of three homes, where they are encouraged to build on personal strengths while they examine and challenge old patterns that have prevented growth.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rexford Grades: 1-7 | 27 students
7105 W Kootenai Rd
Rexford, MT 59930
(406)889-5492 5.3 1-7
- Eureka Grades: K-11 | 24 students
4345 Us Highway 93 N
Eureka, MT 59917
(406)889-1234 5.8 K-11
- Libby Grades: 2-8 | 8 students
206 Airfield Rd
Libby, MT 59923
(406)293-8613 42 2-8
- Libby Grades: NS-12 | 90 students
1024 Montana Ave
Libby, MT 59923
(406)293-2303 43.5 NS-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.