Nestled among five mountain ranges in the heart of Sun Valley, Idaho, Community School is a small, independent Pre-Kindergarten through twelfth grade day and boarding school committed to engendering a sense of community within an intellectually challenging and supportive atmosphere.
- Top Ranked ID School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 355 students
- Yearly Tuition: $28,000
- Acceptance rate: 85%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 24 / rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 13%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Feb. 24 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
- A strong academic college preparatory program and a developmentally appropriate curriculum from Kindergarten through 12th grade. The expectation that all students will take advantage of opportunities to contribute to, and benefit from, an integrated program that includes Outdoor Education, Community Service, Fine and Performing Arts, and Athletics. A committed faculty and staff that develops close, caring relationships with students. An educational environment that embraces a variety of learning and teaching styles and respects individual differences. A school culture in which it is safe to take intellectual risks and which encourages independent thinking, creativity, ethical decision-making, and respect for others. An active school community comprised of students, their parents, faculty, staff, alumni and trustees; all of whom are valued contributors to enriching and enhancing the life of the school.
Endorse Community School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.