Cornerstone Life Academy
5.00 (8 reviews)
Tel: (540) 374-1876
Cornerstone Life Academy is a Christ-centered life program seeking to partner with parents in the training and education of their children.
CLA offers a strong academic program and instills in students the knowledge of God, equipping them to follow Jesus Christ in life.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||54 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(black pants, black or forest green skirts/jumpers, white polo shirts (long or short sleeve))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,200|
|Tuition Notes||Annual Tuition for Elementary is $4200 + Fees Annual Tuition for Preschool is $1800 + Fees|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Laura Howell|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Various After School Clubs
- God created children with a blend of unique characteristics and talents, and every area of development in a child should be incorporated into his or her learning. CLA is based on the philosophy that the spiritual, emotional, intellectual, physical, and social needs of a child should all be part of his or her instruction. These needs should be met by the love of Christ in each childs life, the direction of the Bible, parental instruction and the education given by loving teachers.
- As parents and educators, we strongly believe that God has appointed parents as leaders and teachers of their children. The important task of raising a child is in the hands of parents (Psalm 127:3, Ephesians 6:4). The goal of Christian parents is for their child to know God in a personal way and to grow in the knowledge of the Almighty. This is best achieved by the teaching of Gods Word on a daily basis in every situation. God also points out, in Deuteronomy 11:18-21, that the education of children should be continuous, without ceasing, from birth through maturity. We understand that due to life circumstances, some parents may decide that they wish to obtain assistance in this godly mandate to educate their children. In that case, the parents remain responsible even though they are partnering with others. This partnership is what we are seeking to offer through Cornerstone Life Academy. Our goals are:
- To provide a secure, loving, learning environment in which a student can grow and develop academically and spiritually.
- To partner with parents in the training of their children in the ways of Christ.
- To make every effort to offer an academic program that will fully prepare students for their future educational endeavors.
- To maintain an integration of faith in all academic areas.
- To aid in the students spiritual growth through the teaching of Gods Word, by modeling Christ and by providing the spiritual tools needed for their life journey.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stafford Grades: PK-8 | 84 students
2726 Jefferson Davis Highway
Stafford, VA 22554
(540) 659-1810 9 PK-8
It's been said that "It takes a village to raise a child". Well, that old adage is one that is true of C.L.A. This school is that "Village". From Mrs. Howell, their Principal to all of the faculty and staff involved, our family has been blessed by the C.L.A team tremendously. My daughter has been attending C.L.A now for 3 years and I have witness their genuine love and care for not only the students, but the family as a whole. I can attest, from working in the public school system, that they offer above average academics compared to that of the State's standards. In addition to accademics, they offer a plethora of extracurricular activities, and character building programs. Their holistic approach of learning is one that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND for any parent, whose looking for a school that has their child's core development at heart.
- Posted by Parent - Tee H.
I am very pleased with the education my children have received over the years. Not only are they getting a great academic education, but a high moral and character education. My children have been associated with Cornerstone Life Academy for about 5 years. I highly recommend this school. Not just the Pre-K program, but the K-5 program has been nothing short of amazing. The amount of support that I feel with communication between myself, the teachers and administration is more than any parent can hope for. The open door policy has been a wonderful feeling. Thank you for all that you do for our children.
- Posted by Parent - Ieshia Leverette
This little gem of a school is a perfect start for your preschool or elementary aged child. Not only will they be receiving a top-notch education, they will be immersed in a caring and nurturing environment that will allow them to learn and grow and be challenged to their full potential. My daughter has received so much more than just a great education, Cornerstone has also assisted in the development of her spiritual self and character. She has learned truths that will take her far beyond the classroom for years to come. Every staff member form the principal to the teachers knows her name and greets her with a smile. I am confident that she is very well cared for at Cornerstone Life Academy. It really is like family!
- Posted by Parent - Jessica G.
My daughter attended 4K and is currently in kindergarten at CLA. We've been very impressed with the education both academic and spiritual at CLA.
- Posted by Parent - Mary Rose Cooley
This Preschool is fantastic. Our son attends the 2s class & they are fantastic. He comes home everyday telling us about his day and how he loves his teachers & friends. He has learned so much already this year & we cannot wait to continue his preschool education with Cornerstone, so much so his sister will join him in the fall! If you are looking for a great preschool, Cornerstone is an excellent choice!
- Posted by Parent - Paige B.
Small class sizes. Christ Centered learning.
- Posted by Teacher - Kim S.
A wonderful school for students, families, and staff!
- Posted by Teacher - Heidi G.
The teachers are amazing!
- Posted by Administrator - Laura H.
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.