Cornerstone Schools Of Alabama
- Cornerstone Schools of Alabama is a Christ-centered school that serves inner-city students in grades K4-12.
- The mission of Cornerstone Schools of Alabama is to inspire and develop critically thinking and compassionate young people in a Christ-centered learning community that is committed to academic excellence and character development.
- We strive to empower students to be responsible and productive citizens of the world, all to the glory of God.
- Cornerstone students receive an affordable, life-changing education encompassing academics, character development and faith. All students at Cornerstone receive tuition assistance.
- Cornerstone's core values are Excellence for God, Excellence for Students, Excellence in Academics, and Excellence in Character.
Cornerstone Schools Of Alabama places among the top 20% of private schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Highest percentage of students of color
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||535 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is determined by a sliding scale based on household income. Every student accepted to Cornerstone will receive financial assistance. Download application at EducateBirmingham.org|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Beta Club, Library Book Club, Student Government Association (SGA), Yearbook Staff
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Band, Choi
- The vision of Cornerstone is to be a world-class, Christ-centered school in the inner city that empowers lifelong learners to be responsible and productive citizens of the world. By challenging our students academically, developing their character, and growing their faith in God, our students will succeed in all that He has in store for them. Cornerstone students receive an affordable, life-changing education. Cornerstone empowers each student to glofify God, working every day to impact both their hearts and minds.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: PK-8 | 317 students
4901 Old Leeds Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213
(205)956-9731 3.4 PK-8
- Birmingham Grades: PK-8 | 184 students
7901 1st Ave N
Birmingham, AL 35206
(205)836-5385 3.1 PK-8
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.