Cornerstone Schools Of Alabama
- Cornerstone Schools of Alabama is a Christ-centered school that serves inner-city students in grades K4-12.
- The mission of Cornerstone Schools of Alabama is to inspire and develop critically thinking and compassionate young people in a Christ-centered learning community that is committed to academic excellence and character development.
- We strive to empower students to be responsible and productive citizens of the world, all to the glory of God.
- Cornerstone students receive an affordable, life-changing education encompassing academics, character development and faith. All students at Cornerstone receive tuition assistance.
- Cornerstone's core values are Excellence for God, Excellence for Students, Excellence in Academics, and Excellence in Character.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||535 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is determined by a sliding scale based on household income. Every student accepted to Cornerstone will receive financial assistance. Download application at EducateBirmingham.org|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Beta Club, Library Book Club, Student Government Association (SGA), Yearbook Staff
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Band, Choi
- The vision of Cornerstone is to be a world-class, Christ-centered school in the inner city that empowers lifelong learners to be responsible and productive citizens of the world. By challenging our students academically, developing their character, and growing their faith in God, our students will succeed in all that He has in store for them. Cornerstone students receive an affordable, life-changing education. Cornerstone empowers each student to glofify God, working every day to impact both their hearts and minds.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BirminghamGrades: PK-8 | 279 students
4901 Old Leeds Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213
- BirminghamGrades: K-6 | 184 students
216 Roebuck Dr
Birmingham, AL 35215
- BirminghamGrades: NS-12 | 357 students
1500 Heritage Place Drive
Birmingham, AL 35210
- BirminghamGrades: K-9 | 120 students
Po Box 610347
Birmingham, AL 35261
- BirminghamGrades: NS-8 | 143 students
5901 Crestwood Blvd
Birmingham, AL 35212
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.