Mountain View Baptist School
5.00 (1 review)
- The purpose of the school is to teach the children to discern between right and wrong in order that they may choose to do God's will.
- We seek to help each student to become a well-rounded person in four areas -- mental, physical, spiritual, and social.
- "And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man." We believe that Christian education is a mandate from God, and that failure to instruct our children in spiritual things would be an act of disobedience against Him.
- Education of the children is ultimately the responsibility of the parents, and it is the goal of this school to support and assist the parents in this task through the church school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||112 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants and collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||call for pricing|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Choir, Handbells, Ministry, Teachers Aide, Yearbook|
- In September of 1982 the Lord led to start a school ministry. We started with four students our first year and God has richly blessed us since that time. We had a strong burden and conviction that what parents taught at home should be reinforced in their "everyday" schooling. And that every child should be able to receive an edication in a good Chritian atmosphere without fear of harassment or intimidationfrom others.Good communication and orgination is a must if a ministry is to run effectively.We have put together a Parent/Student handbook.Please request one by phone or email. Many of your questions about us and our philosophy will be answered in the handbook.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: PK-12 | 535 students
118 55th Street N
Birmingham, AL 35212
(205)591-7600 10.2 PK-12
- Gardendale Grades: PK-12 | 376 students
2649 Decatur Hwy
Gardendale, AL 35071
(205)631-9318 10.8 PK-12
- Birmingham Grades: NS-12 | 9 students
2974 Winewood Rd
Birmingham, AL 35215
(205)853-9906 5.4 NS-12
My son has attended Mountain View for two years. We have had a wonderful experience. The staff is great, and his teacher has been awesome!
- Posted by Parent - tiger
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.