Jefferson Christian Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Jefferson Christian Academy was established in the fall of 1970 by a group of Christians who wanted their children to have a quality education in a Christian environment.
- Many decades later, JCA still exists for those same fundamental reasons.
- At Jefferson Christian Academy we believe students should have the opportunity to cultivate a personal relationship with, Jesus Christ through knowledge and practical application of the scriptures, Every student can learn and achieve, Every student deserves a safe, clean, and Godly environment which is conducive, to learning and teaching.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Christian School Association (NCSA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||357 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||All History, All Language Arts,|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,820|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts available for multiple children|
|Admissions Director||Ruth Brooks|
|Admissions Associate||Rebecca Stanley|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Athletes, Book, Chess, Christ, Debate, Drama, Habitat, Key, National, Pep, Photography, Scholars, Science, Student, Wildlife Athletes, Book, Chess, Christ, Debate, Drama, Habitat, Key, National, Pep, Photography, Scholars, Science, Student, Wildlife,|
- In the spring of 1970, several interested individuals-all members of the church of Christ-began formulating plans to fund and develop a great school to provide quality education in a Christian environment for the young people of the Birmingham area.In the fall of 1971, operation of Jefferson Christian Academy began with thirty students in kindergarten through the fourth grade, meeting in the old building of the Homewood Church of Christ. Enrollment grew to sixty students the following year, necessitating a move to larger facilities, which were provided by what was then the Woodlawn Church of Christ (now Roebuck Parkway Church of Christ).The academy continued to expand there until it moved to the campus of the former Birmingham University School in 1975.In February of 1985, JCA moved to its present facilities on a 15-acre campus on the eastern edge of Irondale.Jefferson Christian Academy is founded on the belief that a true education is an enterprise in which the whole person, body, mind and spirit, is developed in light of the Holy Scriptures. Academically, Jefferson Christian Academy is college preparatory. Through the academic training of its students, the academy aims for a more effective participation in the contribution to the community. An integral part of the academic aim is an emphasis on the acquisition and cultivation of spiritual values; those values through which God works in man to lift the human condition through compassion, sacrifice, and endurance.The environment is one in which great friendships can be formed between those who share many ideals. It is also an environment that recognizes a student as an individual and that seeks to help each student reach his or her potential in constructive ways. Each student is taught to respect such individuality in every other person and to foster an acceptance of each other in order to achieve the ultimate individual accomplishments.
Profile last updated: 06/02/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BirminghamGrades: PK-8 | 279 students
4901 Old Leeds Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213
BirminghamGrades: PK-12 | 476 students
118 55th Street N
Birmingham, AL 35212
BirminghamGrades: PK-12 | 336 students
2290 Old Tyler Rd
Birmingham, AL 35226
BirminghamGrades: PK-12 | 120 students
5568 Chalkville Rd
Birmingham, AL 35235
BirminghamGrades: PK-12 | 1892 students
2204 Briarwood Way
Birmingham, AL 35243
Wonderful school. Faculty and Staff are highly motivated, loving, and teach our children from a Biblical based curriculum. The kids love their school and we are very grateful for the love, care, and education they receive from JCA. We are blessed to be able to call JCA home. Highly recommend this school to anyone searching for a Christian based learning environment for your child or children.
- Posted by Parent - Dorothy
Our children started in the Early Learning Center of JCA since we needed care for them during the day while we worked. We had always assumed that they would go to public school as they matured. I am so happy that these many, many years later we stayed at JCA. Our children deserve better than the public schools can, unfortunately, give. The smaller classes, student camaraderie, the dedicated and caring faculty and staff are things you will not find just anywhere. Our children are in a safe, academically challenged, Christian environment with cutting edge technology with the Eaglei 1:1 iPad initiative and we could not be happier!
- Posted by Parent - wendy
We were so blessed to find this school! Our children started in the 2k and 3k classes and are now in 1st and 2nd grade with honors. They continually test at a level of almost 2 grades higher. We had tried other schools in the area and some down right scared us. We had no reservations when our daughter was born that she would go to the loving care of the ladies in the nursery. She is now 2 and a very happy well adjusted toddler. If safety, academics and a dedicated caring staff is important to you then JCA is the answer! We hope our children will be able to graduate from JCA as we know they will have all the tools necessary to go out in this big world of ours!
- Posted by Parent - wendy
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017