Briarwood Christian School
- Briarwood Christian School provides excellence in education in a Christ-centered environment through impact-oriented leadership that will challenge and inspire the whole student, equipping each student to glorify God by responsible action in contemporary society.
- ACADEMICS: Our academic program is comprehensive, college preparatory, and taught within a Christian framework. Our ACT scores far exceed national norms, and each year our senior classes receive millions of dollars in scholarships.
- ARTS: Briarwood students discover and develop their God-given talents through varied art forms and showcase those talents through our award-winning band, choir, drama and visual arts programs.
- ATHLETICS: Our athletic program gives students an arena in which to glorify God. We teach our student athletes to give their best effort while developing virtues that will last a lifetime. In victory or defeat, students learn to show respect for each other, officials, and their opponents.
- BCS COMMUNITY: One of the most significant and valued investments parents will ever make for their child is their education. We partner with parents to give our students a strong biblical and academic foundation for life, equipping them to become servant leaders as they develop life-long relationships.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||1762 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||119 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Average SAT score||1187|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(modest and neat)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates vary from grade to grade please see the website. briarwoodchristianschool.org|
|Admissions Director||Kelly McCarthy Mooney|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Audio-Visual Club, Chess Club, Debate Team, Habitat for Humanity Club, International Mission Trips, Math Team, National Honor Society (NHS), Robotics Team, Service Projects, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Drama Productions, Jazz Band, Marching Band, Show Choir
- Briarwood Christian School provides excellence in education in a Christ-centered environment through impact-oriented leadership that will challenge and inspire the whole student, equipping each student to glorify God by responsible action in contemporary society. Believing that all truth is a manifestation of God's sovereignty in creation, we desire to establish a school which in its ultimate purpose glorifies and reveals God. Man, made in the image of God, is responsible to God in all things; therefore, his education must enable him to understand and use the created universe and to live by the precepts which He has established for Godly living. Knowing that man has chosen to glorify himself and worship his own works rather than worship and glorify God, we understand that our students have a nature which hinders them from achieving the objectives which we have named. However, knowing that the Lord, Himself, has provided a way for these children to reach their full potential through His payment for sin on the cross, we realize that each child here has a unique and valuable place in the plan of God and must be highly esteemed and respected.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: PK-8 | 317 students
4901 Old Leeds Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213
(205)956-9731 7.5 PK-8
- Birmingham Grades: NS-12 | 532 students
5080 Cahaba Valley Trace
Birmingham, AL 35242
(205)995-9694 4.1 NS-12
This school is awesome for our children. Teachers and faculty that pray over your child as well as provide a wonderful education, that is why I pay for this education. Compared to other private schools in the area it is much bigger and that is one reason why I like it. My kids have all the opportunities of the larger public schools but they get to participate without having to be a 5 star athlete. The class sizes are not too big so your child is not just a number. The children respect the faculty which seems to be a growing issue with public schools and the parents are very involved (in a good way).
- Posted by Parent - murph
It is amazing and a very great education. One of the best in the Nation.
- Posted by Parent - rbtwi