Southminster Day School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (205) 822-9531
- Southminster Day School, a private school, was established in 1967.
- It is a mission of Southminster Presbyterian Church. Our purpose is to give children of the community the finest background in their early formative years in a Christian atmosphere.
- We guide and direct the children's growth in appreciation of spiritual values, social skills and attitudes, independence, emotional stability, self- expression, and good habits.
- We like to feel our children will increase “in wisdom and favor with God and man”.
- Southminster has a traditional academic program. We have a phonics-based reading program and follow the State of Alabama course of study.
- Emphasis is placed on developing study skills, a sense of responsibility, and proper conduct.
- Students receive instruction in Physical Education, Art, Music, Spanish, Computer and Religion.
- All students attend Chapel weekly for songs and a special message. Parents are invited and welcome to attend each week.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||207 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: PK-8 | 317 students
4901 Old Leeds Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213
(205) 956-9731 7.2 PK-8
- Birmingham Grades: PK-6 | 236 students
2800 Montessori Way
Birmingham, AL 35209
(205) 879-3278 3.1 PK-6
This school is unbelievable. We love the teachers and the love and instruction they give our childrem. Thay have the best Music program in the state. My children have learned about instruments, music theory, singing, composers, drama and performance. This has helped my children become self confident. The best education in the area, with loving teachers, great PE program, and a wonderful Art Program. We are so glad we chose this school. for our family.
- Posted by Parent - jpram
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.