Westminster School At Oak Mountain
- School's mission is to improve the whole person & ennoble a child with wisdom and eloquence so he can be an effective leader and a life-long learner.
- As human beings made in the image of God, we hold tightly to the conviction that these qualities are a vital part of our fundamental role.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||532 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Kristen Williams|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Fishing Club, Math Club, newspaper, Robotics Club, yearbook clu
- The Westminster School is a K-12 classical Christian school and is a ministry of Oak Mountain Presbyterian Church (PCA). Founded in 1999 as Oak Mountain Classical School, the school has grown to an enrollment of more than 500 students. The first graduating class matriculated in 2006.The leadership of Westminster is committed to a thoroughly Christian approach that includes shepherding the heart, training the mind, and nurturing the soul. Whether it be through the curriculum, on the playground, or in day-to-day relationships, we want the gospel of Christ to be preeminent in our community.Westminster is equally committed to academic quality. We like to say it like this: discipleship and scholarship without one compromising the other. While the curriculum and pace is challenging, we are not a school targeting the academically elite.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bessemer Grades: PK-12 | 354 students
1705 4th Ave Sw
Bessemer, AL 35022
(205)428-6288 16.7 PK-12
- Columbiana Grades: PK-12 | 265 students
24975 Highway 25
Columbiana, AL 35051
(205)669-7777 13.1 PK-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.