Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
Maranathan Academy was founded on September 3, 1991. Maranathan is a nonprofit (501c-3), all scholarship school (grades 6-12), committed to educating and changing the lives of critically at risk youth, in Birmingham and surrounding communities.Students enter Maranathan wounded and looking for a place to belong. They emerge equipped to excel.
The mission of Maranathan Family Learning Center & Academy, Inc. (MFLC&A, Inc.) is simple to save the lives of critically at risk youth.
The primary goal of Maranathan Academy, is to break the cycle of government dependency, that has plagued the families of critically at-risk youth for generations.
Maranathan Academy is dedicated to, through the transformative power of education --
- provide an educational oasis for individuals in desperate need of a second chance
- provide academic, spiritual and emotional strength for critically at risk youth and their families
With the combined numbers of students and their family members who have received our unique services, Maranathan Academy has significantly impacted over 1, 500 lives.
- 85 percent of our students have completed high school and earned diplomas.
- 53 percent of our graduates have entered colleges and universities.
- The remaining 47 percent of our graduates have entered the military or become certified in a trade and gainfully employed.
Maranathan Academy is dedicated to ensuring that their graduates become productive, contributing members of society and credits to their country.
Endorse Maranathan Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards