Advent Episcopal School
- The Advent -- true to its name -- is a beginning; the beginning of an adventure in learning that starts at four-year-old kindergarten and progresses through eighth grade to give each individual child a firm academic foundation for a lifetime of learning.
- Yet, we believe that the mental development of a child cannot be isolated from his or her physical, social, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
- In a big, rapidly changing world, The Advent provides the stability of a wholesome, caring, small-school environment where each child can experience the total learning process - thinking, planning, and problem solving - in an atmosphere of enthusiasm.
- This has been our commitment for more than a half-century.
- Today, we are just as committed as ever. At Advent Episcopal School, our mission is to offer a superior, advanced, and enriched education to a diverse student population in a caring, Christian enviornment at an independent, equal-opportunity school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2016, 2017|
|Total Students||315 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,346|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K $7,450.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susie Fawal|
|Admissions Associate||Carolyn Neal|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Math Team|
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: PK-6 | 225 students
2800 Montessori Way
Birmingham, AL 35209
(205)879-3278 2.8 PK-6
- Birmingham Grades: NS-8 | 143 students
5901 Crestwood Blvd
Birmingham, AL 35212
(205)592-0541 4.1 NS-8
- Birmingham Grades: PK-8 | 317 students
4901 Old Leeds Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213
(205)956-9731 6.1 PK-8
- Birmingham Grades: PK-12 | 535 students
118 55th Street N
Birmingham, AL 35212
(205)591-7600 3.5 PK-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.