Advent Episcopal School
- The Advent -- true to its name -- is a beginning; the beginning of an adventure in learning that starts at four-year-old kindergarten and progresses through eighth grade to give each individual child a firm academic foundation for a lifetime of learning.
- Yet, we believe that the mental development of a child cannot be isolated from his or her physical, social, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
- In a big, rapidly changing world, The Advent provides the stability of a wholesome, caring, small-school environment where each child can experience the total learning process - thinking, planning, and problem solving - in an atmosphere of enthusiasm.
- This has been our commitment for more than a half-century.
- Today, we are just as committed as ever. At Advent Episcopal School, our mission is to offer a superior, advanced, and enriched education to a diverse student population in a caring, Christian enviornment at an independent, equal-opportunity school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2016, 2017|
|Total Students||315 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,346|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K $7,450.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susie Fawal|
|Admissions Associate||Carolyn Neal|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Math Team|
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: PK-6 | 225 students
2800 Montessori Way
Birmingham, AL 35209
(205)879-3278 2.8 PK-6
- Birmingham Grades: NS-8 | 143 students
5901 Crestwood Blvd
Birmingham, AL 35212
(205)592-0541 4.1 NS-8
- Birmingham Grades: PK-8 | 317 students
4901 Old Leeds Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213
(205)956-9731 6.1 PK-8
- Birmingham Grades: PK-12 | 535 students
118 55th Street N
Birmingham, AL 35212
(205)591-7600 3.5 PK-12
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.