The American Academy For Young Professionals
Tel: (205)833-4416 Ext. 240
- The American Academy for Young Professionals is Alabama's 1st boutique education model for middle/high private/church school that specializes in individual student achievement, acceleration, advancement, and leadership development.
- Our main niche is the ability to transform our system, immediately, to facilitate each student's individual academic and leadership development and success. It is our belief that a student in middle school should be preparing for high school and a student in high school should be preparing for college, a career institution, entrepreneurship, or immediate employment.
- Classroom overcrowding and teaching everyone the same skills, especially at the high school level, is proving outdated, impractical, and disasterous.
- AA-YP students are being educated as individuals and empowered for their individual success tracks.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)|
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$475|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||See the website for all tuition and fees.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||8 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||20|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Professional - Office )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||May. 1 / Aug. 31|
|Tuition Notes||See the website for all tuition and fees.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$25,000|
|Admissions Director||Dr. Juliet L. Arrington|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Lacrosse, Martial Arts, Soccer, SwimmingBaseball, Basketball,|
Martial Arts, Soccer,
- Our mission is simple at The American Academy for Young Professionals. It is to create pathways for students in grades six through twelve to achieve, accelerate, develop and succeed both academically and in their leadership. Additionally, when the parents, the school, and the students work together as a team, the students ALWAYS WIN and ACHIEVE in a host of ways. Please visit our website or give the administrator a call to make an appointment to learn more about Alabama's Boutique Academy.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: PK-8 | 317 students
4901 Old Leeds Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213
(205)956-9731 5.3 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.