Tabernacle Christian School
- The mission of Tabernacle Christian School is to teach Biblical truths, share the plan of salvation, and train students to draw closer to Christ, while providing a Bible-based, academically advanced education with quality programs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||376 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
- School Verse is "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
- Tabernacle Christian School is a member of the Alabama Christian Education Association. Within this conference we participate in academic and fine arts competitions, and inter-scholastic sports.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gardendale Grades: NS-5 | 138 students
1800 Decatur Highway
Gardendale, AL 35071
(205)631-9465 1.4 NS-5
- Birmingham Grades: K-12 | 34 students
1829 Circlewood Drive
Birmingham, AL 35214
(205)791-0312 8.7 K-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.