Covina Development Center
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Covina Development Center (CDC) is a fully inclusive early care and education preschool program for children ages birth through k, About 20% of the school population has a developmental challenge and they recieve their early intervention services in a fully inclusive classroom, without discrimination along side their typically developing peers.
- The program has a low teacher to child ratio and staff have recieved additional training to provide services to all the children.
- The school is a contractor with the Ca. Dept of Ed for childcare and a vendored program for Regional Centers Early Intervention.
- The curriculum is based on the Ca. Foundations for Early Education, PITC Program for Infant Toddler Care and the Reggio Emilia Philosopy.
- Children are funded if qualified by Dept of Ed for subsidized childcare, Regional Center eligibility and private pay. .
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
California Association of Private Special Education Schools (CAPSES)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||all except blind and deaf|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||109 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tutiion is based on the number of hours per day and the age and needs of the child|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sheena Minaya|
- Covina Development Center seeks to provide individualized services to children with a wide range of differences and interests. The enriched early child hood curriculum is enhanced with music and art and gardening and appreciation of nature. Parents are encouraged to participate to learn to help their chiildren and Parent groups and parenting classes are also offered weekly.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Covina Grades: NS-K | 72 students
200 N 2nd Ave
Covina, CA 91723
(626)332-5875 0.6 NS-K
- Covina Grades: PK-K | 29 students
344 E Rowland St
Covina, CA 91723
(626)967-0044 1.1 PK-K
- Covina Grades: NS-PK | 33 students
4514 North Lark Ellen Ave.
Covina, CA 91722
(626)332-4001 1.1 NS-PK
- Covina Grades: NS-PK | 24 students
525 S Stewart Drive
Covina, CA 91723
(626)339-3850 1.1 NS-PK
- West Covina Grades: PK-K | 49 students
2451 E Garvey Ave N
West Covina, CA 91791
(626)339-6311 1.3 PK-K
My son currently attends nursery school here 2 days a week and it is incredible! I love his teacher and the environment he is in. I would recommend this school to anyone, special needs or not. It is an atmosphere that encourages diversity and gentle ways of teaching kids what they need to know.
- Posted by Parent - athen
My son was referred to this school. He is in the preschool class. The teachers are very in touch with the needs of the students. The school is definitely more then just academic. Students enjoy a wide variety of structured activities (from art work in classroom to outdoors playground activities). Those students who are emerging with their skills received closer attention in order to help them succeed. The teachers are very caring and flexible to help both the parents and the students. I am very please that I have chosen this school for my son. The entire staff is very friendly in demeanor. I would recommend this school to all the parents out there.
- Posted by Parent - kevin
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.