Creative Arts Studio
5.00 (1 review)
- Julie Clark and Linda Goodman opened the Creative Arts Studio in Woodbury, Connecticut in 1987 as a haven where children could experience and appreciate the arts.
- Since that time, the school has expanded and now hosts a number of Reggio inspired programs including preschool, kindergarten and daycare.
- Creative Arts Studio is an accredited daycare (day care), preschool, and childcare (child care) center committed to providing all children with an emotional and physical environment which fosters independence and creativity.
- We believe that children are best motivated by art, music, laughter, spontaneity and curiosity, and flourish in an environment where they are free to explore the many wonders and opportunities that surround them.
- Creative Arts Studio is committed to providing the CAST community (children, staff and families) with an emotional and physical environment that fosters independence and creativity and celebrates each person's unique attributes.
- We believe that we are best motivated by laughter, spontaneity and curiosity, and flourish in an environment where we are free to explore the many wonders and opportunities that surround us.
- We believe that it is our mission to model respect for each other, our planet and our surroundings as well as our inner feelings, visions and goals.
- We believe that praise, encouragement, affection and a deep respect for all people shape a safe and caring community in which we all achieve success and positive self-esteem.
- The Creative Arts Studio's early childhood programs have been accredited by the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs.
- The Academy administers a national, voluntary, professionally sponsored accreditation system for all types of schools and child care centers.
- The Academy is a division of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), the nation's largest organization of early childhood educators.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||129 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Watertown Grades: PK-8 | 201 students
760 Main St
Watertown, CT 06795
(860)274-9208 7 PK-8
- Waterbury Grades: 9-12 | 698 students
587 Oronoke Rd
Waterbury, CT 06708
(203)757-9248 7.2 9-12
I am interested in music position as a teacher or aide. I am presently teaching music in a public school in NC but will be moving back to connecticut in june. I realize it is too early to consider me for employment, but I would like to send my resume after the holidays. I am presently in my 47th year of teaching music to all grades and would like to continue teaching in CT. I have a CT teaching license along with three degrees. Thank you for your time, Margaret Nemec
- Posted by Teacher - mneme
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.