Danville Montessori School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (859) 236-9310 Ext. 3
- Danville Montessori School is a private, non-profit, non-discriminatory school for children ages three to twelve. Danville Montessori School offers preprimary half and full day programs, as well as primary grades 1-5 and a primary grade after school program.
- The goal of Montessori education is to encourage the development of a self-actualizing individual capable of independent problem solving and responsible choice.
- With supportive, individualized guidance children are encouraged to create their own knowledge through interaction with developmentally appropriate concrete materials.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||99 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 30 / Aug. 1|
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Danville Montessori School is Danville Christian Academy (1.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Danville Grades: PK-12 | 122 students
2170 Shakertown Rd
Danville, KY 40422
(859) 236-2177 1.8 PK-12
- Nicholasville Grades: 4-10 | 12 students
200 Oak Tree Ln
Nicholasville, KY 40356
(859) 509-6892 20.8 4-10
- Nicholasville Grades: PK-12 | 61 students
2420 Lexington Rd
Nicholasville, KY 40356
(859) 887-1091 22.1 PK-12
- Crab Orchard Grades: 1-10 | 42 students
6805 Ky Highway 39 S
Crab Orchard, KY 40419
(606) 355-0067 23.8 1-10
Danville Montessori has been the most influential part of my education. This school has a community like no other and is such a peaceful learning environment. It creates prepared and independent students who LOVE learning.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Bethany
DMS is everything school should be. My two grandchildren have progressed so far beyond what one could reasonably expect in public schools that there is simply no comparison. Plus, they love it! Costs are very reasonable for a truly superior educational experience.
- Posted by Parent - jaloc
If you want to see your children literally blossom, boy or girl, you must join the Danville Montessori classrooms. My 8 year old boy and 6 year old girl know such indepth and relevant teachings. The school connects them to the outdoors fluently within the curriculum. They have been taught multicultural literacy, Yoga, Spanish, art and community connections. Both of my students read above their grade level, which most students do at the school. There is no other choice.
- Posted by Parent - lisaa
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?