Design For Learning Differences School
- DLD-Sycamore School is a private, non-profit school, serving students with learning difficulties from the greater metropolitan area of Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Often these students have average or higher intelligence and abilities, but may be falling behind or experiencing failure in school.
- Students in grades 1-12 are enrolled in a comprehensive academic program that is offered in a day-school setting.
- The school year begins in July and has followed a year-round quarter system since its inception.
- DLD's staff is experienced in working with youngsters with learning differences.
- They are highly trained and skilled, and are committed, dedicated, and caring professionals, who incorporate Christian values into their teaching standards.
- Certified and non-certified personnel work in the intimate and nurturing environment of the school.
- The alternative high school program offers an independent study curriculum that is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Students who complete the four-year course of study receive a diploma signifying attainment of the required number of hours of credit.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 52%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albuquerque Grades: K-12 | 89 students
6013 Paradise Blvd Nw
Albuquerque, NM 87114
(505)898-4508 11.4 K-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.