Design For Learning Differences School
- DLD-Sycamore School is a private, non-profit school, serving students with learning difficulties from the greater metropolitan area of Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Often these students have average or higher intelligence and abilities, but may be falling behind or experiencing failure in school.
- Students in grades 1-12 are enrolled in a comprehensive academic program that is offered in a day-school setting.
- The school year begins in July and has followed a year-round quarter system since its inception.
- DLD's staff is experienced in working with youngsters with learning differences.
- They are highly trained and skilled, and are committed, dedicated, and caring professionals, who incorporate Christian values into their teaching standards.
- Certified and non-certified personnel work in the intimate and nurturing environment of the school.
- The alternative high school program offers an independent study curriculum that is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Students who complete the four-year course of study receive a diploma signifying attainment of the required number of hours of credit.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Total Students||44 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 51%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albuquerque Grades: NS-12 | 69 students
6013 Paradise Blvd Nw
Albuquerque, NM 87114
(505)898-4508 11.4 NS-12
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-8 | 152 students
7201b Montgomery Blvd Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87109
(505)872-0777 4.8 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.