East Carol Stream KinderCare
East Carol Stream KinderCare Photo #2 - Learning independence. "Rub a dub dub, washing babies in a tub."
East Carol Stream KinderCare Photo #4 - Celebrating moments together. Prince celebrating 3 years with us.
East Carol Stream KinderCare Photo #6 - Celebrating our families with monthly family night arts and crafts.
- The teachers and staff at The East Carol Stream KinderCare are passionate about educating and nurturing children.
- Our teachers have a range of longevity from one year all the way up to 26 years.
- All of our teachers have their Child Development Associate's credential, Bachelor's Degree, or Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education, and/or are currently attending school to achieve their degrees or continue their education and training.
- The East Carol Stream KinderCare team strives for excellence through continuing education from biannual company professional development trainings to seeking additional college courses or seminars in the education field.
- At the end of the day, the true key to our teachers' success is their passion for teaching and their love of learning.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Here at the KinderCare Learning Center on Gary Avenue, our staff provides the best in Early Childhood Education to the Carol Stream, Bloomingdale, Wheaton and several other surrounding areas. Combined, our staff has over 105 years of childcare experience and speaks many foreign languages including Spanish, Serbian, Italian and Polish. We run high quality programs for infants, toddlers, discovery preschool two's, preschool, pre-kindergarten and school age. Each year, we are excited to present special programs to our families such as Winter Gala, Sweet Heart Luncheon, Spring Gala, Summer Camp, Fall Festival, and a Thanksgiving Luncheon. We invite you to join in on the fun, as well as the learning that happens at KinderCare. Each day is a new adventure!
- The health and safety of each child is our #1 priority at the center. Your mind will be put at ease as we discuss our health and safety procedures during the orientation process. Some of the key procedures we provide are: Key Pad entry where only parents or guardians have access to the center, fenced outdoor play area for the children, center identification system, every staff member First Aid & CPR certified, a health and safety coordinator on site, and an Illinois Health Nurse that visits and observes monthly. Our Health nurse is licensed and helps train our staff in continuous changes and procedures happening within the world of health and safety. Every staff member is finger printed along with a state and national background check clearance, before having individual contact with children. Carol Stream KinderCare is also overseen by many state and local agencies such as Carol Stream Fire, Police and Health Department, Illinois State Health Department, and DCFS of Illinois.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Carol Stream Grades: K-4 | 38 students
610 E North Ave
Carol Stream, IL 60188
(630)653-1044 1 K-4
- Wheaton Grades: PK-8 | 34 students
1926 N Main St
Wheaton, IL 60187 1.5 PK-8
- Wheaton Grades: PK-K | 76 students
300 E Cole Ave
Wheaton, IL 60187
(630)653-1221 1.7 PK-K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.