Dupage Montessori School - Wheaton
Tel: (630) 653-1221
- Creekside Montessori is located in a beautiful residential neighborhood in Wheaton and is accessible to major highways and public transportation.
- It is during this critical stage of development that children lay the foundations for the adults they will become.
- The classroom environment for children ages three to six is an inviting, mistake-friendly, nurturing place for them to discover concretely the elements of their world.
- Grace, courtesy, and independence are built into the curriculum by virtue of the Montessori philosophy in much the same way that practical life skills, mathematics, language arts, history, geography, science and the arts are materialized on the shelves.
- Aristotle knew that everything learned comes to humans through the senses, however, Dr. Montessori turned these thoughts into self-correcting concrete materials.
- Image holder Teachers move about the classroom giving developmentally appropriate individual lessons to each child.
- The materials are available to the children after the basic lesson for the purpose of discovering the "keys" to the universe.
- The sequential curriculum culminates in the third (Kindergarten) year. The third year parallels and goes beyond the Illinois State and local school district's mandated curriculum.
- Dr. Montessori contended that all subject matter should be presented in a format which enables children to understand fundamental concepts, rather than one which encourages memorization of isolated details.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||76 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wheaton Grades: PK-4 | 45 students
1926 N Main St
Wheaton, IL 60187
(630) 690-6000 0.3 PK-4
- Glen Ellyn Grades: PK-6 | 77 students
900 E Geneva Rd
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
(630) 474-1265 1 PK-6
- Wheaton Grades: PK-5 | 43 students
25w725 Jewell Rd
Wheaton, IL 60187
(630) 665-2558 1.2 PK-5
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.