- The mission of Edgewood Academy is to provide students with a college preparatory education in a safe and supportive environment. We endeavor to prepare students for a future of lifelong learning and productive citizenship.
- At Edgewood Academy there is nothing more important than providing our students an excellent foundation in academics.
- In addition to our outstanding academic program, we offer extracurricular clubs and a very competitive athletic program to provide opportunities to shape our nation's future--our children.
Edgewood Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in , 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004|
|Total Students||303 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||History, Jr. Enlish, Sr. English|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(no uniforms required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit website for tuition rates.|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
- In choosing a school for your child, there are many issues to consider. The number one consideration is getting a quality education that will enable your child to pursue any direction he/she may choose. With ninety-nine percent of Edgewood graduates going on to higher education, we at EA know the importance of a solid foundation.
- Other important issues to consider are safety, the student life opportunities offered such as sports, clubs and community involvement, the campus and its facilities, and the convenience of the location of the school.
- Edgewood is about education, it is about competing in sports, but most of all it is about families working together to provide the best learning experience for their children.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Prattville Grades: NS-12 | 722 students
322 Old Farm Lane N.
Prattville, AL 36066
(334)285-0077 8.3 NS-12
- Millbrook Grades: PK-12 | 172 students
3151 Hwy 14
Millbrook, AL 36054
(334)285-0208 5.9 PK-12
- Prattville Grades: PK-12 | 289 students
497 Golson Rd
Prattville, AL 36067
(334)365-4343 15.5 PK-12
- Wetumpka Grades: PK-12 | 78 students
4125 Rifle Range Rd
Wetumpka, AL 36093
(334)567-0555 12.6 PK-12
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.