Emerald Mountain School
- The Emerald Mountain School offers a curriculum designed to inspire and promote intellectual curiosity, creativity, and individual growth through the integration of academics, the arts, hands-on learning, field trips, and a variety of enrichment activities. We inspire confidence and a passion for learning through a curriculum that stresses academics, personal accountability, experiential and outdoor education, and responsible local and global citizenship.
- We provide a creative environment that includes multi-age and socio-economically diverse classrooms, low student-teacher ratios, and active parent participation.
- Emerald Mountain School provides a unique combination of both breadth AND focus, through diverse learning opportunities + small class sizes and teacher expertise.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||57 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 17 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,300|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Debbie Gooding|
- Education at Emerald follows a developmental approach that strives to educate the whole student in a positive and constructive environment. The academic program is designed to promote intellectual growth, creativity, an understanding of cultural differences throughout the world, and responsibility within the school community.
- The philosophy of emphasizing learning as a lifetime skill and acquiring those tools to enable a student to continue self-education is a priority of the entire school community. The goal is that each student acquires an exceptional education, through the development of excellent academic skills, yet allowing the maturity of the individual student. By providing a challenging and nurturing environment, we enable students to expand their natural curiosity and energy. Each child`s intrinsic and unique strengths - intellectual, personal, artistic, imaginative - are embraced and developed.
- We attract families and children of diverse backgrounds who value and support excellence in education and who want to play a role in that education.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Steamboat Springs Grades: PK-K | 55 students
Po Box 773982
Steamboat Springs, CO 80477
(970)879-5973 0.4 PK-K
- Steamboat Springs Grades: K | 10 students
625 S Lincoln Ave
Steamboat Springs, CO 80477
(970)879-3761 1.3 K
- Kremmling Grades: K-9 | 5 students
1117 Jackson Avenue
Kremmling, CO 80459
(970)724-9604 41.6 K-9
- Edwards Grades: K-8
31622 US Highway 6
Edwards, CO 81632
(970)926-8980 58.5 K-8
Emerald Mountain School has been the perfect choice for our daughter. She went to public school from kindergarten into 3rd grade, and while the experience had been satisfactory, in 3rd grade we felt that she needed more. After much deliberation, we moved her to Emerald Mountain at the mid-point of the year last year. On a weekly basis, there are experiences we have at Emerald Mountain that remind me why, a year later, we are SO glad we made the switch. Our daughter is exceling at her string instrument, working in advanced math (and loving it!), loves all of her teachers and that she has a variety of them, and is engaged, challenged and learning (vs. the boredom she experienced at public school). The cohesive curriculum that takes what kids are learning in social science and relates that to language arts or to math really makes sense, and it seems to help the brain to think and develop as a whole, regarding all the different angles of any given topic. The outdoor education component is a bit intimidating for her, but I know that with the depth of the teachers'' love for and commitment to their students, she will take on these challenges and come out of them successfully.
- Posted by Parent - artsy