Emerald Mountain School
The Emerald Mountain School offers a curriculum designed to inspire and promote intellectual curiosity, creativity, and individual growth through the integration of academics, the arts, hands-on learning, field trips, and a variety of enrichment activities. We inspire confidence and a passion for learning through a curriculum that stresses academics, personal accountability, experiential and outdoor education, and responsible local and global citizenship.
We provide a creative environment that includes multi-age and socio-economically diverse classrooms, low student-teacher ratios, and active parent participation.
Emerald Mountain School provides a unique combination of both breadth AND focus, through diverse learning opportunities + small class sizes and teacher expertise.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 66 students
- Yearly Tuition: $15,300
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: Apr. 17 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 24%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Apr. 17 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
- Education at Emerald follows a developmental approach that strives to educate the whole student in a positive and constructive environment. The academic program is designed to promote intellectual growth, creativity, an understanding of cultural differences throughout the world, and responsibility within the school community.
- The philosophy of emphasizing learning as a lifetime skill and acquiring those tools to enable a student to continue self-education is a priority of the entire school community. The goal is that each student acquires an exceptional education, through the development of excellent academic skills, yet allowing the maturity of the individual student. By providing a challenging and nurturing environment, we enable students to expand their natural curiosity and energy. Each child`s intrinsic and unique strengths - intellectual, personal, artistic, imaginative - are embraced and developed.
- We attract families and children of diverse backgrounds who value and support excellence in education and who want to play a role in that education.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Emerald Mountain School cost?
Emerald Mountain School's tuition is approximately $15,300 for private students.
When is the application deadline for Emerald Mountain School?
The application deadline for Emerald Mountain School is Apr. 17 / rolling (applications are due on Apr. 17 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Emerald Mountain School has been the perfect choice for our daughter. She went to public school from kindergarten into 3rd grade, and while the experience had been satisfactory, in 3rd grade we felt that she needed more. After much deliberation, we moved her to Emerald Mountain at the mid-point of the year last year. On a weekly basis, there are experiences we have at Emerald Mountain that remind me why, a year later, we are SO glad we made the switch. Our daughter is exceling at her string instrument, working in advanced math (and loving it!), loves all of her teachers and that she has a variety of them, and is engaged, challenged and learning (vs. the boredom she experienced at public school). The cohesive curriculum that takes what kids are learning in social science and relates that to language arts or to math really makes sense, and it seems to help the brain to think and develop as a whole, regarding all the different angles of any given topic. The outdoor education component is a bit intimidating for her, but I know that with the depth of the teachers'' love for and commitment to their students, she will take on these challenges and come out of them successfully.
Endorse Emerald Mountain School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.