Emmanuel Lutheran School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Emmanuel Lutheran School is a high quality Christian school that serves children ages 16 months First Grade. We offer half and full day programs with multiple class options to meet the needs of various schedules.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||49 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly rates vary by classroom|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chapel, Computer Class, Dance Class, French Class, Spanish Class
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- A typical day at Emmanuel Lutheran School consists of alternating teacher directed and student initiated activities. This allows for appropriate development of academic, social and emotional skills. Our curriculum is faith based. Each of our grades: toddler through First Grade, study language and literacy, science, math, art, music, social studies, and a Bible focus through a common weekly theme. The children also really enjoy their time playing outside on our fun playground and helping with our school vegetable garden.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Virginia Beach Grades: PK-K | 30 students
3560 Chester St
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
(757)340-7228 1 PK-K
- Virginia Beach Grades: NS | 141 students
4392 Virginia Beach Blvd
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
(757)233-1965 0.9 NS
Just started my 3 year old in this preschool. I looked at a few and just knew this was the one on the tour. He would panic every time I left him in a class at the YMCA or church before, but he loves preschool. There is so much to do there that he loves all the toys and activities. His classroom is large and just filled with so much to do! The playground is wonderful and he loves the shed filled with cars and bikes he can use. He's happy when I drop hi off and happy when I pick him up. They offer dance class and soccer during the school day! I just felt like they had to much to offer to entertain him. His teacher is so sweet too! The class is small and the kids seem great as well.
- Posted by Parent - Ashley
My daughter goes to this school and it is important to call this a school and not a daycare. NY child is constantly learning a daycare and growing. I cannot express how much we love this school.
- Posted by Parent - Samuel
i love this school. I have two kids attending and it's just great. A safe and caring environment.
- Posted by Parent - Medeb
This school is truly amazing!!! the love that the teachers and staff show in their work and to your child is unbelieveable. My son has learned so much in the short time he has gone there. They has so much learning and fun activites for the children to do everyday. The teachers keep you updated everyday on what they did that day. Mrs. Tate the director is great and easy to talk to. Everyone is so helpful and all around really care for the well-been of your child/children!!! Also the rates for Tuition are the best I have seen!!! ELS IS A GREAT SCHOOL
- Posted by Parent - ice_c
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.