The teachers here at Main Street have over a hundred years of experience working with children.
We all believe that being here everyday is critical for our students to succeed.
We welcome everyone to come join our school and become a member of our family here.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- We here at the Main Street set quietly off of Main Street in the heart of Fairfax. Our staff and students represent the many cultures found around the globe. Our school provides a hands on learning environment. Students are encouraged to explore and discover everyday. We have an open door policy and encourage families to join us at any time in the fun!
- We are set back from Main Street so that families and children can enter and exit safely from the building. Our center has a keypad entrance; visitors must ring the bell in order to enter the building. Our playgrounds have a new fence surrounding the entire building giving the children a safe place to play. All staff are CPR and first aid certified.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: American_sign_langugage, Arabic, Hindi, Punjabi, Spanish
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Fairfax KinderCare?
The application deadline for Fairfax KinderCare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Fairfax KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.