The New School Of Northern Virginia
5.00 (1 review)
- Our mission is to help students learn to use their minds well and take charge of their academic lives.
- For us, it's about creating a whole, thoughtful person with an agile mind.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||We support students with a wide variety of learning styles|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, German, Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, Physics C: Mechanics, Spanish, US Government, US History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,993|
|Tuition Notes||Grades 6 - 8 $28,060.00 Grades 9 - 12 $30,993.00|
|Admissions Director||Steve Roushakes|
|Admissions Associate||Travis Cooper|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Softball, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Mountain Biking,|
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Cooking Club, Debate Team, Doctor Who Club, Game Club, GSA, International Club, Knitting Club, Literary Magazine, Math Club, Recycling Club, Strategy Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Cappies, Drama Club, Film Club, Photography Club, Youth Theatre
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance Club, Soccer Club, Table Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee
- We believe students are intrinsically motivated to learn, achieve, and create.
- A special dimension of equality exists in the teacher-student relationship. We celebrate this dimension because it allows students to see themselves as successful and creative learners and individuals.
- Our teachers help students develop the essential skills and habits of mind they need to use their minds well. We use tools of authentic assessment (portfolios, exhibitions, performances, projects, presentations, essays, and more) to evaluate the academic growth and achievement of each student.
- Our students, teachers, and parents relate to one another with mutual respect and trust.
- We believe in our skilled faculty: collegial friends of the highest order and talented student mentors.
- Stop by any Thursday from 9:15-10:15 to learn about our one-of-a-kind school.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alexandria Grades: 6-12 | 55 students
4913 Franconia Road
Alexandria, VA 22310
(703)822-9300 9.5 6-12
- Alexandria Grades: 1-12 | 741 students
8333 Richmond Hwy
Alexandria, VA 22309
(703)780-0606 12.6 1-12
My son has attended this school for just over a year and we couldn't be happier! The classes are small and engaging, and the teachers take the time to make sure he's interested in and understanding the content. We are so excited that we found The New School. If you're looking for small classes and a friendly community please consider The New School.
- Posted by Parent - mtrav
Nearby Homes for Sale
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.