- Top Ranked VA School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 1,054 students
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 7
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Robotics Team, Speech and Debate Team
- The Potomac School mission is to foster each student's intellectual development, love of learning, and strength of character within an inclusive community distinguished by a spirit of support and challenge. We encourage students to become independent thinkers and learners. The School's richly varied curriculum draws students beyond a mastery of fundamental skills toward the rewards in inquiry, initiative and reflection. Believing that aesthetic and physical development are essential to an education, we offer students opportunities to excel in art and music classes, on stage, and on the athletic fields. We strive for diversity in the conviction that a learning community is intellectually and morally strengthened when many different voices, viewpoints and backgrounds are present. We expect students to act with kindness, civility, and generosity of spirit, and, in our daily activities, we find opportunities to foster their integrity of character and civic conscience. More than mere tolerance, this standard calls students to act with compassion for others and to reach beyond the school in service to the community. As we prepare students for a rapidly changing and demanding society, we encourage them to reflect on the beauty that surrounds them and to enjoy the company of their friends and the many traditions celebrated at school.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does The Potomac School offer?
What is The Potomac School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for The Potomac School?
Endorse The Potomac School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards