St Leo The Great School
- Saint Leo the Great School community leads by the example of Jesus, with respect and compassion for all, to foster faith and academic growth.
- Founded in 1957, we have been instilling values and virtues in ourstudents for over half a century, educating Pre-School 3-Grade 8.
- St. Leo has implemented a K-8 Lab Learner program to enhance science instruction. We have also purchased Google Chromebooks to increase technology education in the classroom.
- ActivBoard technology is present in every classroom for hands on learning, which improves your child`s cognitive abilities and critical thinking skills.
- Honors High School Algebra offered to qualified 8th graders and Adv.Math courses gr.5-8 (including Geometry) for those who qualify.
- Three mobile labs and 15,000 volume media center assists with providing a multi-faceted learning approach to our science andsocial studies curriculum.
- Spanish is offered in Kindergarten through 8th Grade. St. Leo the Great offers a myriad of extracurricular activities, such as Robotics, Girls on the Run, Odyssey of the Mind, Art/Math Clubs, Drama, and Irish Dance
- Our NVCYO Sports Program includes Basketball, Track & Field, Tennis,Volleyball, and Cheerleading.
- We have an award winning Band program and a beginning and advanced Strings program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2006|
|Total Students||400 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Saint Leo the Great School is a dynamic learning environment rooted in Catholic faith and tradition. With Jesus Christ as our model and guide, we follow faithfully on a lifelong journey to grow and develop spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially, physically and culturally. We recognize each child as a creation of God made in His image with unique gifts and talents. Throughout the learning environment, educators incorporate Gospel values and foster a spirit of inquiry. We employ a variety of tools and techniques to challenge each child to achieve his or her full potential. In collaboration with parents, the child's primary educators, we provide a safe, nurturing atmosphere, infused with faith, morals and Catholic principles. Together, we prepare children to be faithful Catholics and productive citizens in a global society. We strive to teach as Jesus does --- with authority, compassion and love.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Annandale Grades: PK-8 | 466 students
8800 Braddock Rd
Annandale, VA 22003
(703)978-7117 3.8 PK-8
- Annandale Grades: PK-6 | 152 students
4955 Sunset Ln
Annandale, VA 22003
(703)256-4711 6.6 PK-6
- Mc Lean Grades: PK-8 | 234 students
6422 Linway Ter
Mc Lean, VA 22101
(703)356-7554 8.8 PK-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.