Montessori School Of Oakton
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Since its founding in 1981, the Montessori School of Oakton has offered a unique program in which skilled professionals, sensitive and responsive to the learning patterns and needs of each child, help the child to grow in confidence, independence and knowledge. At MSO there is a special blending of freedom and responsibility, choice and structure, creativity and discipline, individual interest and group cooperation.
- MSO is a non-profit, non-sectarian school, which admits all children regardless of race, creed, color or origin.
- The mission of the Montessori School of Oakton (MSO) is to provide an enriched educational environment, based upon Montessori principles, that will guide, nurture and stimulate the fullest development of each individual child.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Association Montessori International (AMI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,600|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition increases as hours increase elementary tuition is 13515|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mary Young|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- OaktonGrades: PK-KG | 40 students
Po Box 3121
Oakton, VA 22124
- FairfaxGrades: PK-KG | 36 students
12301 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy
Fairfax, VA 22033
- FairfaxGrades: 2-12 | 75 students
11230 Waples Mill Road, Ste. 100
Fairfax, VA 22030
- ChantillyGrades: NS-PK
4216 Stringfellow Rd.
Chantilly, VA 20151
- HerndonGrades: NS-PK | 7 students
3005 Dower House Dr
Herndon, VA 20171
My child has grown in confidence in her abilities, grace in working with other and maintained her love of learning because of this program. She has been involved in the elementary program. This is quality, wholesome education at its best.
- Posted by Parent - wlsay
My kids have spent time in both the primary classes (3-6 years old) as well as elementary - great school!
- Posted by Parent - Krist
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.