The Kellar School Of Inova Kellar Center
Tel: (703) 218-8500
The Kellar School is a therapeutic education program serving upper elementary, middle and high school students who have been identified as eligible for special education services.
The structured, individualized program is designed to meet the needs of students with emotional and/or learning disabilities.
These students may also have social, behavioral or health-related issues that significantly interfere with their ability to learn.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||SLD, MD, ED, OHI|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(promoting a positive, safe environment)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Publicly placed students are funded through their local school division|
- The majority of the students are referred and placed by their local school jurisdiction, at no cost to the parents. Eligibility for special education at the private day school level is based upon the student's Individual Education Program (IEP). The Kellar School is licensed by the Virginia Department of Education and is accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Specialized Education Facilities under the authority of the Virginia Council for Private Education. Program components: State licensed educators and mental health professionals, Family support, Experiential Learning, Curriculum aligned with the Virginia Standards of Learning, Technology, Credit recovery, Extended school year (ESY), Multidisciplinary resources, Transition services, Clinical supports
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairfax Grades: 3-12 | 45 students
11230 Waples Mill Road, Ste. 100
Fairfax, VA 22030
(703) 591-1146 0.1 3-12
- Annandale Grades: 1-12 | 216 students
7010 Braddock Rd
Annandale, VA 22003
(703) 941-8810 7.7 1-12
- Chantilly Grades: 9-12 | 908 students
42341 Braddock Road
Chantilly, VA 20152
(703) 352-0925 11.4 9-12
- West Des Moines Grades: K-8 | 638 students
7075 Ashworth Rd
West Des Moines, IA 50266
(515) 457-7167 887.6 K-8
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.