- The Kellar School is a therapeutic education program serving upper elementary, middle and high school students who have been identified as eligible for special education services.
- The structured, individualized program is designed to meet the needs of students with emotional and/or learning disabilities.
- These students may also have social, behavioral or health-related issues that significantly interfere with their ability to learn.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||SLD, MD, ED, OHI|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(promoting a positive, safe environment)
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Publicly placed students are funded through their local school division|
- The majority of the students are referred and placed by their local school jurisdiction, at no cost to the parents. Eligibility for special education at the private day school level is based upon the student's Individual Education Program (IEP). The Kellar School is licensed by the Virginia Department of Education and is accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Specialized Education Facilities under the authority of the Virginia Council for Private Education. Program components: State licensed educators and mental health professionals, Family support, Experiential Learning, Curriculum aligned with the Virginia Standards of Learning, Technology, Credit recovery, Extended school year (ESY), Multidisciplinary resources, Transition services, Clinical supports
Profile last updated: 11/20/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
FairfaxGrades: 2-12 | 75 students
11230 Waples Mill Road, Ste. 100
Fairfax, VA 22030
ViennaGrades: K-12 | 305 students
1624 Hunter Mill Road
Vienna, VA 22182
SpringfieldGrades: 1-12 | 125 students
8519 Tuttle Rd
Springfield, VA 22152
FairfaxGrades: 9-12 | 1046 students
10675 Fairfax Blvd
Fairfax, VA 22030
AnnandaleGrades: 2-12 | 140 students
7010 Braddock Rd
Annandale, VA 22003
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.