The Kellar School Of Inova Kellar Center
- The Kellar School is a therapeutic education program serving upper elementary, middle and high school students who have been identified as eligible for special education services.
- The structured, individualized program is designed to meet the needs of students with emotional and/or learning disabilities.
- These students may also have social, behavioral or health-related issues that significantly interfere with their ability to learn.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||SLD, MD, ED, OHI|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(promoting a positive, safe environment)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Publicly placed students are funded through their local school division|
- The majority of the students are referred and placed by their local school jurisdiction, at no cost to the parents. Eligibility for special education at the private day school level is based upon the student's Individual Education Program (IEP). The Kellar School is licensed by the Virginia Department of Education and is accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Specialized Education Facilities under the authority of the Virginia Council for Private Education. Program components: State licensed educators and mental health professionals, Family support, Experiential Learning, Curriculum aligned with the Virginia Standards of Learning, Technology, Credit recovery, Extended school year (ESY), Multidisciplinary resources, Transition services, Clinical supports
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairfax Grades: 3-12 | 45 students
11230 Waples Mill Road, Ste. 100
Fairfax, VA 22030
(703)591-1146 0.1 3-12
- Fairfax Grades: 9-12 | 908 students
10675 Fairfax Blvd
Fairfax, VA 22030
(703)352-0925 1.2 9-12
- Annandale Grades: 1-12 | 216 students
7010 Braddock Rd
Annandale, VA 22003
(703)941-8810 7.7 1-12
- Springfield Grades: 1-12 | 82 students
8519 Tuttle Rd
Springfield, VA 22152
(703)451-8041 7.3 1-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.