St. Anthony of Padua School
5.00 (1 review)
- We are a Catholic school in the Arlington Diocese offering preschool through eighth grade. A Christ-centered learning environment is provided to instill the Christian story and to nourish the love of peace and justice.
- The school also cultivates intellectual growth, creative expression, and character formation. The school welcomes and provides assistance to families with children from different cultures, socioeconomic backgrounds, and developmental needs.
- We opened a new preschool in the Fall 2019 with an expansion to be completed in February 2020 to allow us to accept more PK3 and PK4 students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Academic Level, Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||215 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Middle School - Algebra 1, Middle School English, Middle School Science|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,364|
|Tuition Notes||This is the standard yearly rate. We offer Catholic and military discounts.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Meredith Louison|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Indoor Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,|
Indoor Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Algebra Club, Altar Servers, Book Club (5th & 6th), PAPAS Club (Religious), Proclaimers of the Word (Public speaking), Safety Patrols, Spanish Club, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Shakespeare, Strings Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Players Soccer Academy K-4
- St. Anthony of Padua School brings together many cultures, traditions, and experiences to form a vibrant and robust community where Christ truly lives. As a community, we are called to develop the whole person: spiritually, academically, emotionally, and physically. First and foremost, St. Anthony of Padua School is a faith community. Formalized religious instruction and moral values are taught and lived. Along with daily prayer and weekly liturgies, outreach projects and Mass participation contribute to the development of the individual and a member of the community.Our school takes academic preparation seriously. All students receive instruction in core subjects as well as art, music, foreign language and technology, equipping them with 21st century thinking skills. This is accomplished through a challenging curriculum, leveled instruction, and a nurturing environment that believes that every student can achieve. They matriculate to the area`s top high schools and continue to challenge themselves with many Honors and AP level courses. Through our extra-curricular program of clubs and organizations, students have the opportunity to serve the community, expand and enrich their interests, friendships, and their school experience. Students may choose from a wide array of activities: Altar Servers, Proclaimers of the Word, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council, Math and Science Clubs, Book Club, Chess Club, Shakespeare Club, Band, Choir, Yearbook, and CYO sports. St. Anthony School is a haven at the crossroads of Falls Church, Arlington and Alexandria. Students have plenty of room to run, play, exercise and explore with a large playing field with a playground. The community is a place where all are welcomed and where individual gifts and talents are celebrated. Come be a part of St. Anthony of Padua School.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alexandria Grades: K-8 | 187 students
4409 Sano St
Alexandria, VA 22312
(703)354-0714 2 K-8
- Alexandria Grades: PK-8 | 182 students
6408 Edsall Rd
Alexandria, VA 22312
(703)941-6977 3.8 PK-8
My son is currently in kindergarten and we couldn't be happier with the quality of the academic program. His class size is relatively small and he gets a lot of personal attention that I don't think he would be getting at our local public school. He loves the music, art, Spanish and computer classes. As a six year old I think his favorite part of the school is the large playground and the gym for PE!
- Posted by Parent - cvins
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.