Washington International Academy
Tel: (703) 941-6977
- Washington International Academy was instituted in 1998 as an affiliate of Dar-Al-Hijrah Islamic Center, Falls Church, Virginia, a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization.
- The Washington International Academy is an elementary and middle school with grades pre-K through eighth grade.
Washington International Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Islamic School League of America (ISLA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||182 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$550|
|Tuition Notes||Kg: $700 Pre-K: $750|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Halima A.|
|Admissions Associate||Eman A.|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Falls Church Grades: K-6 | 55 students
3431-a Carlin Springs Rd
Falls Church, VA 22041
(703) 820-6688 3.7 K-6
- Richmond Grades: PK-12 | 123 students
6900 Carnation St
Richmond, VA 23225
(804) 404-5653 91.5 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.